Sunday, February 20, 2011
Baptism
We have talked to Callan about our beliefs since the day he was born. I guess we take the slow and easy approach and make it an everyday part of our lives. We go to church faithfully and it is what our family is about. About a year and a half ago we went to run some errands. I had to carry a package into the UPS store and managing that with 4 kiddos (and probably one growing within) was too much. So I parked at the curb and ran inside. I did not think it took me long at all. I thought I dropped the package, signed the dotted line and ran back out the door. What I discovered is that it was just enough time for Baylor to slap Callan upside the head with the full blown Gospel Presentation. When I got to the car Callan told me that he had invited Jesus into his heart. Really???!!! Wasn't that mine and Daddy's job? This was just an errand running kind of day, we are at UPS for goodness sakes. After asking lots of questions, Callan seemed to have it all just right. He knows what he believes and he is ready to stand firm in it. We did wait quite awile for his faith to be publically professed. We waited for him to ask for the next steps and we made sure he knew what he was doing and why he was doing it. I am so thankful for Callan and his tender heart. I am thankful for Baylor's boldness in sharing what he knows to be true with those closest to him. But mostly, I am thankful for Jesus. For without his sacrifice, his grace, and his love, our life in him would not be possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
way to go callan!!!...and way to go baylor!!!
sniff sniff.....such a sweet moment. So sad we had to miss it!
Post a Comment