Honestly, Baylor is an easy kid. I don’t think the kid has had a real birthday party since his 5th “boys rule” birthday where only boys were invited (except for mom because “someone needed to cut the cake”). I believe that his love language is quality time. All he ever asks for on his birthday is to do something with someone he loves. Typically his choices have been going to Atlanta for a Braves game (which we have done 3 times for his birthday) and going fishing. As it so happened, we were at the beach for his birthday and Brent thought he would love nothing more than a little deep sea fishing. They set the alarm for 5 AM and off they went.I was a little worried when they headed off on their adventures because the sky looked crazy dark. But it was coming from the east and they were just far enough west to get out ahead of it in the ocean. However, Brent did say he was on the biggest swells he had ever seen.
The deck hand commented to Brent that he was the only father he had ever had on his boat that would get a fish on and hand the reel over to his son. Brent’s words “It’s his birthday, and he has never been before.” I know Brent enjoyed watching him reel it in as much as if he would have done it himself.
They caught lots of fish. Their list included Snapper, Triggerfish, and Amberjack. Baylor caught the biggest fish on the whole boat.
I don’t think he could have gotten a better present. I just wish that I could have watched him on the boat too.
Next up for the birthday boy was his dinner request… Crab Legs. I don’t know if his eyes are huge from shock… or that saying “your eyes are bigger than your stomach”.
After some mentoring from dad, Baylor began to work his magic.
He finished well, but thankfully… did not finish ALL!
Happy Birthday, Nicolas Baylor. Every year you amaze us more and more. I love the young man God is creating you to be. Next stop, teenage years!












No comments:
Post a Comment