Precious Mikey that has spent his life dealing with hydrocephalus has been sick. We spent some time praying over him. (Mikey passed away later in the summer)
My highlight of the week was that I got to run the feeding clinic. Jen and her hubby had to run to Port for a few things and I offered to help Pastor Clebert run it. It was one of my most favorite things that I have ever done! It was hard seeing the sick babies, weighing them and handing out food to families, but in the moment, I knew that God had me just where he wanted me. Broken for these families, hurt for HIS children, and pouring out all the love I had. I will never forget it!
As an aside, we took along a news crew from Missouri who was documenting the journey. I was videoed for a segment on the clinic. It aired in Missouri and Sarah (the sweet news lady) won am Emmy for her work.
While I was in the clinic, Dr. Briggs and her nurses continued running the dental clinic. They saw a lot of hard cases, and even pulled ALL of one woman’s teeth.
We also got to ride out to Acknov’s church again to see the kids and talk about the school they are hoping to get going.












No comments:
Post a Comment