Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Mixed Emotions

I have not posted that much lately becuase... well... I have nothing to say. I am at a loss for words and really do not know how to put into words how I feel. Today, Eliza is 5 months old. When I started this process, I secretly hoped that my angel would be one of the few that slipped through the process so fast that she would be home by 5 months. Even if things turn around super fast, super soon, we are still looking at not having our daughter home for 3 more months. That is almost more than I can take.

I leave on Thursday to go see my daughter. I am scared... not of the trip, but of how I am going to let go. This should be my pick up trip. I am clinging to God and trying my best to keep my chin up and stay strong, but in all honesty I am hurting beyond measure.

4 comments:

Sig said...

We understand.
Hugs and kisses, mu friend. Stay strong, because you HAVE to.
I hoped my December trip was my last visit and when Abby cried when I gaveher to FM I swore I could not go again. Not for her and not for me. But, I did and I am glad I went even though we had the same scenerio.
If I get another previo (Please GOD, NO) I will visit again, as much as it pains me.
It's all for our babies, they WILL make it home!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ashley,
We haven't met but this is Jen R. from FTC. I've been following your story and your blog and my heart aches for you. I am so sorry you are going through this horrible bump. My last visit with Xia, I swore I wouldn't visit again because it was too darn hard to leave. Of course, like Seegal, I did plan another trip because, well, I had to.
So, you will go, have a wonderful time and, yes it will be hard, but it will be worth it.
Sending you lots of good vibes and hoping your case gets moving ASAP.
Best,
Jen R. (FTC)

Happy said...

Aw Ashley, I'm sorry. The waiting period out and out stinks.

Tricia said...

((Ashley))

I wish I could make all of this better, my friend.

Savor and enjoy each second with your sweet baby girl!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!