*Our daughter is more and more precious!!!
*We found out today from our Family Court documents that Eliza is auctually Mayan Indian decent. We know that because her birth mom spoke an indigenous language and not just Spanish. So some day when it is time to check those boxes on those forms... Eliza will check Native American ( I guess... or other whatever she chooses)
*Eliza likes Gerber puff things.
* Our agency is awesome and goes above and beyond.
* Eliza only woke up once during the night and then we had to wake her at 6:15 to leave
* Eliza likes small bites of the best Banana bread ever.
*M & M's make and excellent lunch ( for mom and dad... not princesea)
* Eliza is very smart and I am thankful for the attention she was shown with the foster family. She holds up her hand when you say bye. She tries to crawl but her little arms are not strong enough so she falls on her face. She will blow raspberries and stick out her tounge if you do, and if you disappear (like hiding for a game) she knows exactly where to look for you.
I am sure there are more... but here are the pics instead. Notice her tiny feet... ALL the shoes I brought her are too big. (Thanks again for the outfit Sonja... we tried the hat, could not even get it to stay on long enough for a pic)
And finally the first mommy and daddy ELIZA photo... we had to go into the Family Room and ask someone to take it for us... our self portrait attempts were just not working.












7 comments:
The Darby's think she's beautiful!!Mary Kate and I sat and looked at the pictures tonight and almost cried.(especially the one with Brent and Eliza, can't imagine seeing her for the first time since she was 12 days old) She seems to be adjusting to her wonderful mommy and daddy, can't wait to see pictures with her brothers!!! Just wanted you to know how thrilled we are for you. We just might have to make a special trip to Nashville sometime this summer.
My only comments is "Oh, my Lord"! Nommie has a lot of sewing to do!
That special family picture of you and your baby girl is what I've been waiting for. Even makes my sore back feel better. I can relax as soon as I see you in person. I'm so proud of you for making this journey. Eliza is a lucky little girl to have you for parents. I'm overjoyed and so thankful to be her grandmother. Gran
Love the family pic. Now just to add those sweet little boys and it's a done deal.
Happy 9 Month Birthday LizaBelle. I love the 1st Mommy, Daddy & Eliza pic. Can't wait to see one of the whole gang! Don't worry about her shoes a) because it's summertime b) she'll grow into them c) buy more cause a girl can never have too many shoes! Besides - she will need shoes to match all those things Nommie is sewing! So - which dress did you finally choose for Eliza's homecoming?? Either will be perfect! Hugs and kisses to you all...Carole
I can't believe my outfit made it into the road trip bag! I was so excited when I saw the shoe (maybe I should have gotten the smaller one!) She really is a peanut! see you soon.
CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!!!!! Congrats and have a safe, uneventful trip home.
Post a Comment