Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mommy Milestones

It seems like it has been forever and a day since I posted, but it was only Sunday... I guess it is because I have freed myself from this ball and chain of a computer screen and I no longer need it to sleep, eat, breathe... you get the picture. In fact, Baylor has spent more time on it than me this week... OH THE JOY OF WEBKINS WORLD! ( If you knowing nothing of that... check it out... it is quiet cool, entertaining and there is a little learning too).

Anyway... we are still doing GRAND! Eliza ( I feel) is attaching well and sees us as mom and dad. She lights up when she sees us and does not seem to have much fear as long as we are around. In fact, we have hit a breakthrough and I can auctually lay her down to sleep while she is still a little awake and she will go on out. ( Where before I was having to hold, rock, bounce until she was open mouth OUT).

She really surprises us... I really do not think her foster family fed her much baby food. That or when she threw up her hand like she does, they just stopped trying. She is all about the big people food and really wants nothing to do with baby food. Last night she grunted and begged for her brothers green beans and mac-n-cheese, so much so that I just said "what the heck" try it. She ate it until I thought she would get sick, watermelon too... thanks to our sweet Sunday School friends for bringing our dinner... it is a true blessing. Since she has now begun to refuse all baby food, tonight I ran to the store to buy some stuff I thought she might eat. I got some of those Pick-Up Pastas... that my boys would never so much as smell... my little petite girl at the WHOLE CONTAINER ( I thought is was good for at least 2 meals). She has me laughing at the way she expresses "more" she holds her hand up and squeezes her fingers in and out... precious... and I am so glad that I figured out what it meant! Not sure what kind of expression this is... maybe giving watermelon a 4 out of 5. Either that or she is speaking "gangsta".



On other milestone news... since we were all adjusting well... we decided to try Silas in his "big boy bed" we have never done the toddler bed before. Both of the bigger boys went to a big bed right at 2 ( due to moving for Baylor and because Callan asked too). We decided it would be best to wait for Silas... but he has been asking. But, since we are adoption poor at the moment, we took advantage of the bed that converts to the toddler bed... which is perfect for him...and he thinks it is PERFECT! Funny enough, I thought he would be up and down all night or during nap... he has not gotten up once and in fact, he still hollers for me when he wakes up... it must be the invisible fence!!??

2 comments:

Mommy said...

I am so glad things are going well. Hopefully she's not a "gangsta" in disguise...

Sonja said...

So I got a good belly laugh when I got to Eliza's pic. So tough..so tough. Watch closely to see if she is throwing out gang signs (the whole "more" hand signal could actually be a sign for the baby bloods..............)

Go Silas for being such a big boy!