Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Af-i-dif-ic Effort

Callan's teacher sent me an e-mail Tuesday telling me that Callan would be receiving an award in an assembly Wednesday afternoon. I made arrangements to be there. Callan we so proud to see me there and so proud to hear his name called. The bonus to getting an award is that you get to participate in a relay race with all the kids who get an award (5 from each classroom). When all was said and done, Callan looked at me and said "What kind of award did I get mom?" and then proceeded to try to tell me "Af-i-dif-ic Effort". Baylor tried to correct him and I hushed him. Only in Kindergarten would Af-i-dif-ic Effort mean so much more than any other award. His teacher, Miss Ross, did say that he is doing so well and trying so hard to do his best. Even when everyone else around him is trying to distract him. ("REALLY???") I am very proud!



No comments: