I know my little bloggy has been neglected. I am sure I will have all kinds of fun stuff to blog soon but right now, I am zapped. I did not even have the energy at Thanksgiving to get my camera out, and there were some good opportunities. The boys went on a ride with my Pa to see the cows and actually fed the BULL apples out of their hands. I do not think they will soon forget it. I also have video of us telling the boys about a new baby on the way... it may not be funny to you all, but to see each of their personalities cracked us up. I have also thought about a nice pajama parade post because we spent most of last week in our PJ's and we are having trouble re-adjusting to life where you have to get up and go somewhere... UMMM we missed the bus this morning.
But anyway, the reason for my post. I thought it would be a good idea to have our little Eliza evaluated. She has words and we all here in the Jones house know exactly what she is saying and what she wants. But the outside world would think that my little princess can not say a thing. She just does not talk, AND SHE HAS LOTS TO SAY! I talked to the Dr. about it when we had her 2 year old visit and she told me to contact the local Early Intervention people. So, I did. Monday a very nice young lady came to the house to evaluate Eliza on her speech. Just as I suspected, Eliza did not say a word. Sure she mumbled and "na na na diddy'd", but did not talk to the lady at all. So, the lady started asking me questions. Does she... point, follow commands, change her expressing according to your tone? She then proceeded to ask Eliza a series of task questions and Eliza performed like the genius we know she is. The lady then told me that we could stop the evaluation because what she just showed was that she was "communicating" on a 3 to 4 year old level. WAAAHHHH? Yep, according to her "communications" test, she was evaluated on all her communication abilities and my little girl is too smart for her own good. She said she does not know why she is not talking, probably because she does not have to. But that all her other communication skills make up for her not speaking.
It cracked me up. I know some day I will look back on this and say WHY did I want to push her to talk??? But for now, I will enjoy the fact that I can say "Shoo, Eliza you stink. Go upstairs and get me a diaper and some wipes so I can change your diaper." I will hear feet pitter patter away and a few minutes later she will show back up with the requested goods, and will not have said a word about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












4 comments:
Some day that will be just what you pray for - immediate obedience and no back talk! =) I know from personal experience that my older sis would do all of my talking so I didn't have to either.
Reese is talking now, and YES, I just want him to STOP!!! But, not too long ago I was worried myself. He too, can communicate plenty without words, and follows directions better than my 10 year old. I am not sure about your kids, but my girls also talk a lot for him.
Hope you feel better soon!
Congratulations on your pregnancy! I can't wait to know if it is a boy or a girl. Anyway, don't worry about the talking. Our little Guatemalan boy was the same way, he was very smart he just didn't talk until about 2 1/2 and now he is almost 3 and he talks non-stop.
5 kids are great, there are 6 in our family and we love it!
Sarah
ellamarieboutique.blogspot.com
Toooo funny. We knew Eliza was a smartie! My brother didn't speak until he was 3 because the doctor said I spoke for him (2 years older) I'm sure that is a big part of it. In the third grade, what do you bet, she gets the astrerik at the bottom of her report card that says "talks too much in class"! ha. ha. ha. Margie
Post a Comment