Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Anxiety and Crossed Legs

I will not go into a bunch of detail because there is no reason to bring out the anxiety again, but with this pregnancy I have been dealing with a lot of anxiety. When you travel with family and close friends through various situations that can occur during any pregnancy, you begin to see that just being able to deliver a healthy baby is a true miracle. Yesterday, I had a doctor's appointment. She asked if everything was going well, and if I were feeling better. I told her yes (as evidenced by my weight gain) that I was feeling much better. But I shared with her that I was anxious for my 20 week ultrasound because of the anxiety that I was feeling toward certain situations. Being the great doc that she is, she said... "Well, let's just pull out the ultrasound machine and take a look", so she did. And I was very thankful. My anxiety is gone. The baby looks great, the fluid around the baby looks great, you could see a small spot where the bladder was working properly and she could even see shadows that looked like kidney's (but it is still early to see clearly). Of course she did not do in depth screening on the heart, but it is coming soon... and it was pumping away. I also got the results of my Nucal screen and the results could not be any better for the baby and any chance of chromosomal disorder. WHEW! Thank you, Jesus for an answer to prayer.

And for those curious minds, she did ask if I wanted to know the gender. Brent was not there with me so I said "Why, not!" (He He He) She looked and looked wiggled and pushed, but littlest Jones was shy and comfy sitting in the "criss-cross applesauce" pose.

My big ultrasound is in 3 weeks.

3 comments:

Kyla said...

I am soooo looking forward to reading your blog in 3 weeks!!!!!

Michelle Smiles said...

So glad everything looks good! I have been thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Aw, adding a second little girl and congrats on the good test results!