Sunday, August 16, 2009

Have you heard the blonde joke?

The other day, I pulled the sheets and bedspread off of Eliza's bed to wash. I noticed that her little fancy embroidered throw pillow had a spot on it too, so I peeled off the pillow case and threw it in with the rest. A few hours later after getting the sheets back on the bed and leaving the fancy pillow for later, Eliza brings it to me distraught. I really can't follow what she is trying to tell me about the pillow but I tell her that it is okay and that "mommy will fix it at bed time". She proceeds to grab it, put the corner of it in her mouth and try to blow, and blow, and blow. Evidently we have spent too much time with blow up floats lately... she thought it had just deflated.

Tonight after dinner we let the kids have some Big Wheel ice cream sandwich cookies. We only gave Eliza and Silas half of one, but let the big boys have a full one. Callan was certain he could eat it all. About half way through his he decided it was too much, he could not eat it all, that he should have only gotten half, and gave that full sick looking face. We told him that was fine and the he could put it back in the container and save it for another time, which he did. Eliza also communicated that she did not want hers either after just a lick or two. After just putting his away, Callan came and grabbed hers and announced "I'll eat it". We stopped looked at each other and asked why he wanted it because he could not eat all of his to which he replied "Yeah, but hers is only half... I told you I thought I could eat a half" (Uh yeah Callan, you already did... if you eat that it makes a whole and it was pointless for you to give up the other half of YOURS). He did not follow us when we tried to explain... I about peed my pants laughing so hard. And he ate it all!

I thought I would never have to worry about blonde moments...

4 comments:

Sissie said...

Too funny. It always amazes me how their mind works. It was perfectly logical to them!

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Now that is classic! Good thing you recorded that because that is great ammunition on the first date! :)

Stephanie said...

that is so funny!!! Oh how I wish I could have seen it all. i would have peed on myself.

Sonja said...

hahaha.....these gave me some good chuckles!