Sunday morning we drove to Gallatin. We spent the day celebrating my "Muber's" 80th birthday. The day started with going to worship service at the church I grew up in. It was nice seeing some of the faces I have always known, but it just feels weird to me to be back there. I suddenly feel 15 again.
My mom has worked hard for months preparing to have family and friends come celebrate with us. It is always amazing to see what my mom can do with her car port (that my dad built for my wedding reception and rebuilt after a tornado tore it down).
I am truly blessed to have known my grandparents all my life and to be able to continue to know them in adulthood. She has always been there for our family and for her grandkids. We spent many weekends growing up hanging out at the cabin and enjoying each other. She always found the "goodest junk" for our Easter baskets and random treats, and still spoils her great- grandkids the same way. It is so neat to share 4 generations worth of family and to know you are loved.












3 comments:
Thanks for sharing this wonderful memory. I wish I'd gotten to know mine better. Last time I saw mine was when I moved away from the Philippines (4th grade).
Sounds like the party went great! Your Muber is a young looking eighty!
Hey, it's not a carport, it's our "Pavillion". Nommie
Post a Comment