Thursday, March 4, 2010

That's Callan!

So, as a parent, you hear for months that your child has an upcoming music performance at school. You get notes home on what they are supposed to wear and what time parents are to have their kids there. But only when you have a Callan do you find out the day of...
"Mom, do we have an umpire shirt, because I am an umpire in the performance tonight... and I need to take catcher's gear for my friend."

We worked out those details (after a call to the teacher) and headed out the door to the "show". Only to then hear...
"My part is really easy, I hope I get it right and don't get nervous."

Yep that's right. He had a part (even though small) in the show where he yelled out the things umpires yell out during the show (without aid of a microphone). It is so funny. Our other (older, more OCD child) would have practiced for months and made sure that everyone was there to see the show.

Callan, honey... had we known that you were going to take center court and have a part, I promise we would have let everyone know. We are proud of you and love how the stuff that is a BIG deal to us, is "not so much" to you. Now if we could flip that around it might make life easier for when the BIG deal stuff to you (that sends you over the edge) is "not so much" to us.




The program was an original written by the Music Teacher. It was Wild and Wacky Weather and different songs portrayed the different seasons. Very cute!

No comments: