Silas has done so well this year and has an amazing coach and team. Silas is one of the young ones on the team and the boys are so sweet and encouraging to him. (have I mentioned that all the coaches are amazing... they really care about the boys and teaching them).
In the beginning Silas struggled with being able to hit off the coaches pitches, but we are on a roll now and hitting GREAT! Silas' team played in the Championship Game for the Heritage Tournament. They ended up losing, but if I do say so myself... they were robbed! Three bad calls from a teenage ump (there should have been at least 2 umps)and some severe intensity from the other team made for a strange game. It never ceases to amaze me how grown men (or even an entire stand of parents) can act around 5 and 6 year olds. I am proud to say our coaches took the high road !!!
I just wish I had the picture of him passed out cold on the chair not long after his game, with trophie still in hand.












No comments:
Post a Comment