Silas-
This letter is for you.
Today, I attended your awards assembly. You received the award for Most Improved in your class, and I am so proud.
It has only taken half of the school year, but I think we are finally in the groove of Kindergarten. I knew school would be tough on you, my little momma's boy. But, I had no idea it would be a STRUGGLE. You have been sick a lot, and missed a lot of days which has not helped. All your buddies are in another class which makes you a little lonely, and I know you are just like your momma and shy away from jumping in there with new friends. You are quiet, and you like your life just the way it is, who needs to learn how to read and write anyway... right? =)
It has taken everything in me not to yank you out of school and give a go with it at home. I want to, but I am not sure it is best for you (and I hope I am making the right decision). You have cried and begged me not to send you. You just keep telling me "it is so long". But I send you anyway and then cry and pray that I am doing the right thing.
BUT TODAY... I watched you walk across the gym full of parents, teachers, and all the K-2 kiddos and accept your award with pride. You have worked so hard, you have pushed through and you have overcome your fears and frustrations. You are reading, your favorite thing at school is "writers workshop", and you are making new friends. You have decided that school is not that bad and you run out the door in the morning and return with a smile on your face in the afternoon. You are excited about what you are learning and you enjoy challenging yourself. I am learning so much with you little guy, because Mommy really understands your heart. I love you and I am so proud!
Mommy












No comments:
Post a Comment