Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Girls Weekend

My college sorority was holding a celebration of it's 50th year on UTM's campus. When we heard it was coming the e-mails started flying out from the girls I shared so much with in my college years. It is hard to belive that I graduated from college almost 14 years ago, especially when I walked into the room with these girls in it. I do not get to spend much time with any of them, but just 5 minutes alone took us all right back to the comfortable page of friendships that stand the test of time, distance, and life. It is amazing to see what these women have become, and I am so thankful for the friendships that were created those 4 years that seem just like yesterday! My only wish was that I had taken more pictures so I could share more of the stories and faces of some of my lifetime friends.

Marcy, Chris and I lived together all of our college years. Our freshman year in the dorm down the hall from each other (always hanging out in rooms together). Our sophomore year in a Co-ed dorm where 8 of us shared a living room and bathroom. 4K (our room)was a crazy place where getting a complete sentence in was a miracle... and to be "the different egg". The rest of our years the 3 of us spent on Oakland Street in an apartment. I still wonder sometimes how Marcy got the biggest room with the biggest closet. If those walls could talk!! I will cherish those days all of my life.

The pledge class of 1993 (of those who were there and could be rounded up). 6 of the 8 of us 4Kers are pictured here. (Dawn you should have gotten in the picture) So many memories, so much fun... and reliving it if only for the weekend made my soul smile.

No comments: