Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Day 3 EPCOT… and lunch with the Princesses

Off to Epcot we went.  Of all the places to be the most crowded...  this one was it. The lines seemed the longest, but the kids acted like champs and rolled with the flow.
DSC_6478 - Copy

Cruz loved Nemo!
DSC_6479 - Copy
When I heard a group of older gentlemen come off this ride and claim that they "didn't know that they were going to make it" I was worried about the crew I had just sent on this ride. They all came off smiling and Silas still claims that this one was his most favorite.
DSC_6482 - Copy
Eliza, Cruz, and I hit the little character stop. We did it for Cruz and his love of "HOT DOG" but he would have nothing to do with the characters not even his beloved Donald. Eliza racked up the signatures and loved posing with each one.
DSC_6488
The highlight of the day for our little princess was our Princess Luncheon in the Norway Pavillion. I had no idea that Disney goes to Norway to hire young people to work each country pavillion. I asked our server a lot of questions and learned quite a bit about the work Disney puts into making sure that the experience is authentic. Our server was on a year work visa and had been there 7 months. Her hope was to return home just to apply to come right back!

DSC_6494
I was truly surprised how much attention each princess gave to each individual table. I was very impressed with their kindness (especially Cinderella). Eliza had princessed out with her makeover and being Cinderella all day the day before so she was not interested in dressing up. Not only did she get attention, but the boys got red faced a few times at the attention these princesses paid to the princes.
DSC_6496 DSC_6497 DSC_6498

We did not get to spend as much time at the different country exhibits as I had hoped we would for educational purposes... but in the end... after a little Soarin' and Test Track we were all good to go.

No comments: