Wednesday, May 16, 2007

You could pray...

I have been thinking alot about finally getting my daughter for the final time knowing that I do not have to hand her back AGAIN... EVER. You see I can visualize that room, the room in the hotel where we go to pick up and drop off our daughter. It is a small quiet room, that is auctually a little crowded and uncomfortable. There is no air circulating and the emotions run so high in there. I can feel the emotion of what it is going to feel like knowing that once I go into that room I do not have to go back in to give her back. I am so excited about that thought, just thinking about it now makes me have tears and butterflies. But, that room also brings a little fear. I have not seen my daughter in 3 almost 4 months. Will she remember me? Will she be scared of me? Will she try to dive back into her foster mom's arms? Or reach for her, crying? Will she know my voice (from the tapes I sent)and smile when she sees me? Will the first day be tough as she grieves the loss of the only family she has known? Or has God protected all of our hearts and supernaturally will it just all be as it was supposed to be? I know I cannot worry about it, and I try not to. It will just be and we will just deal with it one day at a time, but I am scared... I think because deep down I just want her to love me as much as I already love her, and I do not want her to second guess for a second about our love for her.

It is getting close!!! Would you please begin praying for us, now. Pray that the adjustment will be easy for her and for us. Pray that we will know how to communicate our love to her in a way that she will understand, and know, and never be afraid. Pray that the moment she meets us she will know we are her Mommy and Daddy forever.

I have been thinking about this for a while now, but really it hit home just this morning as I was reading a post from my agency friend Tera. She just arrived in Guatemala to get her sweet daughter. Emma is having a hard time right now and thus mommy is having a hard time right now (alone, without daddy, in a foreign country). If you would, take a minute and pray for them too.

3 comments:

Mommy said...

Prayers going up...

Tricia said...

I'm praying that the Lord would continue to knit your heart together with Eliza's heart!!!

I get chills just thinking about returning to that Westin room!

Happy said...

I'm praying!