Monday, June 4, 2007

Details

Okay so some of you have asked for details. So, while she is again sleeping... here you go.

The room phone rang just after 10AM... we went down to the special room and there she was...precious as ever, but looking so big. I eased into taking her and holding her. They woke her up to meet us and say goodbye so she was red-eyed and SLEEPY. She immediately put her head on my shoulder which was a big sigh of relief for me. She went to Brent no problem and we played for a while in the room talking to her and thanking her Foster Mom and giving her the gifts.

When we left we went up to the room. She was exhausted. I usually give her a bath immediately, but she was too tired. So, I tired to get her to sleep. She started crying and getting very fussy. She seemed almost too tired but at the same time afraid to go to sleep. She was confused and a little scared. She finally went to sleep when Brent took her bounced her and sang to her ( he is so proud of that). She woke up still tired and unsure. We decided to go ahead a bathe her and change her she did okay, but was still unsure. After she was ready, I tried to go down to the rocker in the family room and feed her a bottle. When we got there, there was a little girl eating jar food. Eliza saw her and started grunting and kicking her feet. I immediately went back to the room for bananas, bib and spoon. I *THINK* that might have been the breaking point where she decided I was not bad and that I understood her and what she was trying to tell me. She ate the whole jar. We went for a little walk, called the boys and came back to the room for her bottle where she fell asleep for about an hour and a half. She woke up a little confused, but played and laughed with us both. She loves peek-a-boo and us kissing and "eating" her hands and feet. So we do that almost non-stop.

Brent and I wanted an easy night in, so we ordered Domino's... it was really good. It is the same, but different. They told me she only ate at breakfast and lunch, but I thought HEY...WHY NOT... she is 9 months old almost it might help her sleep through the night if I give her more. So we tried some squash. She seemed to like it, but only ate about 1/2 of it. We played some more and then I decided to take her back to the family room to visit some other kids and spread out to see what she could do. UHHHH... we are in trouble. She sits up great with AWESOME posture. She is so flexible ( she can bend in half to eat her toes) and she is trying to move. She scooted forward a little on her hands and knees, but her favorite thing to do is pull up on Brent when he is sitting on the floor. I was not ready for that!!!

We said our goodnights and went back to the room for a night time bottle. She went right to bed and to sleep... Easy!!! But, she woke up about 45 minutes later. I heard her stirring and went to peep in and she was just sitting there. So we rocked and patted for about an hour and she went back out.

I think she is doing better than I expected. We will see how she does tomorrow when she realizes she might be stuck with us. I did not really get any good pics, because she either does not sit still long enough to take one, or... she is being held and since we were up listening to the local jazz late and the birds woke us up at about 5... we are looking a little weary. I will post some of the ones we got. Sorry if too much info, you asked and now I will not have to journal it to remember.

OH and PS... it is raining buckets here right now... I am going to try to set a jar out to see if I can bring it home!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pics are adorable! She is a doll! We've been praying for you and can't wait to meet her. Once again, I am just amazed at God's goodness. It's so exciting to see Him blessing you in such an incredible way!
Derek and Alicia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the details. I'm eating it up! I'm so glad it is going so well. She is amazingly beautiful. You're probably not sleeping right now but just staring at her. I don't blame you. Can't wait to see a pic of her and her Mommy- don't be shy. I mean you posted the pic of you dressed as a Guatemalan woman!!!

Tonya

Anonymous said...

This is Tracey. I know you are shocked. I made it to the blog to see Eliza's arrival into the arms of her parents. She is precious!!!! I love the pretty dress and pink bow. You have to let me dress her every once in a while. I would like to see a pic of all three of you! Thanks for all the details. I love them. I am so exicted for you all...and us. The pics from Antigua are beautiful too. What a trip! You'll have to look at your pictures to really take it all in, I'm sure. I saw your boys tonight at the ball field eating slushes and having a great time. We (not your boys!!) were out at Brady's game until afetr 10. I always leave with the little ones but could not because it was so close! They tied! I can't wait to see you all on Thursday!! Love, the proudest aunt :)

Anonymous said...

She is so precious. I was just reading your update this morning and Avery walks in. "Who's dat?", he says. I said that is Eliza, Silas's sister. He said, "oh, pretty". Out of the mouth of babes. She is beautiful and I am so happy for you guys!
Pamela Johnson

Anonymous said...

Loved the update...sounds like Eliza's ready to get rough and tumble with her big brothers! I hope your trip home is easy. She is just adorable! I could just eat her up. Have fun...I know your heart and mind are finally breathing for the first time in MONTHS..... (((HUGS))), Amy
P.S. I saw your boys walking to the pool with your dad, licking on lollipops (I think....). They looked like they were in hog heaven!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the details. We can only imagine how thrilled you are to finally have her in your arms. We are looking forward to Thursday and seeing the boy's reaction to their precious little sister. God is Good. - Gran

Gail said...

She is just beautiful!! Have a wonderful time and a great trip home.
Gail

Anonymous said...

I was so excited to wake up and check your blog this morning. I love all of the details and can't wait to hear more. Eliza is beautiful. We are so anxious to see her in person.

Congratulations!
Love,
Heather Hanks

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. Love the dress and hair bow! What do you mean she only eats breakfast and lunch?? Poor little thing. No wonder she doesn't sleep all night. Get her home and on the Jones schedule! Cheetos and juice, french fries & chicken nuggets, chocolate! Ok, so maybe that will have to wait til she's got a few more teeth! Congratulations Mom & Dad! I'm so happy for you and that she's adjusting better than you expected. Can't wait to see her...Carole

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! She is just so precious and I was hungry for the details, loved hearing about the first hours, it takes me back. We've been thinking of you all nonstop...especially at 3:30 this morning when Josie was up teething! UGH...wondered if you all were up too! Ha. Ha. Praying for you at the embassy this morning that everything is smooth and easy! Margie, Brooks & Josie

Mommy said...

Oh, she is just so beautiful! I am so happy this day has finally come for you! I know you are so anxious to be home as a family. Thanks for the details...I am a detail LOVER for sure! You are at your appt. right now and I am praying it goes off without a hitch. Know that we are praying for you and your family. Two more sleeps and you'll be home...Misty

P.S. Don't forget the pictures for your big debut! ;-)

Mommy said...

Weird...I left a comment early this morning but it's not here. Anywhoo...I just wanted to say again how beautiful she is. Looks like the Embassy went well. We are praying for you all and your safe trip back to the US. Two more sleeps and you'll be home. Take lots of pictures and enjoy your time bonding as a family. Hugs, Misty