Monday, August 13, 2007

BIG DAY

Today was a big day for a 7 year old in our house. Not only did he get up this morning 7 years old...it was also the first day of 1st grade!!! I really want to go into the sappy how does time fly that fast... it only seems like yesterday when I met the 10 pounder... but, I will keep it to this. Momma's heart is full of pride and joy at what this new 7 year old already is and the possibility of what he might become.

Here are a few shots from our little bit of time this morning.

Baylor opening his gift bag full of baseball cards... all unopened wax packs Brent got of the internet from various years but mostly the 80's and early 90's. ( This is a new hobby and love for both Baylor and Daddy)


Baylor calling Dad one of 4 times to tell him someone he opened up... Cal Ripken, Jr. , Ozzie Smith, and Robin Yount (Dad's collection fave from childhood... literally he has an entire binder full of this guy)


Baylor's official on the front porch with backpack, first day of school shot. ( It was also the first day of school EVER for his school, we are at a new school so all the kids got a commemerative shirt for the occasion).

Baylor headed into the big building carrying his bounty of school supplies over his shoulder.

Finally, in the class. I got one of him and his teacher, but hated to post it. I was really impressed with her and the organization of the classroom. I pray it is a good year.


OH... and I am still not sure about the bus yet... we watched at waited for it this morning to see. It really did pass by at exactly 8:04 and the driver was not the same as last year. We will see.

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday, Baylor! Hope this was a great first day of school!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Baylor!! I hope you had a great first day at your new school!! I wish I got to see you at my school!! Have a great year!! See you on Webkinz!!! Love Wilson!!!! P.S. - my mom won't let me ride the bus

Bobbi said...

A birthday, and the first day of school--WOW that's a day! He looks so cute.

My youngest daughter starts Kindergarten in September. I am not sure how I am going to handle that.

I was pleased to see that I am not the only Mom out there who isn't too stressed about giving formula up a bit early. My little guy (came home in March) is going to be one in less than two weeks, and I am in the process of weaning him off the formula. His ped. would freak, but he is fine. Now, the bottles are another story. Don't see this boy giving that up. My other two daughters were done nursing before age 1 as well.

Eliza is just a doll! You must be enjoying a girl. I am enjoying my boy after two girls!

Good luck with the bus!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bay! What a great day for you! All those firsts - How exciting! I hope you have a great year with many more firsts...I am looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the Jones gang in a few weeks....Carole

Anonymous said...

First day of school and a birthday - how very exciting for him! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only mom taking pictures of everything on the first day of school!! My husband was teasing me about following our first grader into class and taking pictures at his desk :)