AHHHHH... sometimes I want to know why the simple things have to be so hard. This was my morining. Well, actucally my morning started yesterday about 3PM. I picked up the kiddos from MDO, went to vote, came home to grab something and then go get in car rider line (since it is my week). At my brief stop home, Silas needed to potty. We came inside,accomplished his mission, and I bent over to pull his pants up when all I hear is PLOP... GLUB...GLUB...GLUB. My phone jumped out of my pocket and into the pee filled potty. I debated flushing...but instead grabbed it quickly... threw it in the sink and began the disinfecting process before I even considered the fact that it was an electronic device. Phone...terminated.
That brings me to today. I get up and go to the gym (my normal Wednesday routine) and decide to just run to the store in Franklin to get a new phone. I had already been in fairly recently to see if it were time for an upgrade and discovered that I would not be eligable until August. But this was alltogether a different situation. So I walk in the door and told her my story. She looked me up and basically said, "Sorry, nothing I can do. You are under contract until August, and you do not have insurance. Feel free to go to the store in Cool Springs and see if they can help you more, or you can purchase this (the 1990 brick) phone to use until August for $150". Now I am a fairly calm and reasonable person, I do not like to get my panties in a wad in front of people and I know that most of the time they really have no say, so why make a scene for nothing. But, it was one of those days so I said. "No, I am not going to Cool Springs I am here, can you not call them and work through them on the phone otherwise I have to pack the kids up drive ( another 15 minutes) there and then deal with the unusually long line there. I have been a never-miss-a-payment customer with you for 13 years now, you think you could work with me a little? (and then I added). Maybe it is just time for me to switch carriers and go with my husbands". To which she said " Go ahead, HONEY, for every person that leaves, 20 people are in line to take your place."
So I left... and went to Cool Springs... with my 3 kids.
I walked in handed the first guy that approaced me my phone and said "It fell in the potty" To which he promptly handed it back (teehee) and sent me to Customer Service. After standing there for a while with a man putting fire to my phone. He came back and told me that he had it working but it may work 2 minutes, 2 hours, 2 days or 2 years... but ( he leans in and whispers) " As a ONE TIME courtsey I can sell you a new phone with a one year contract and it won't affect your previous contract."
Now I am not sure I got any kind of deal( but he sold me with the whispering) because the RED HOT DAYS says you can walk in and get a phone that will call Mars for $75 ( but of course the not listed fine print explains that it excludes me). But I was so tired, overwhelmed with the whole jumping through the hoops process, that I just wanted it to be OVER. I bought a phone, with a rebate... and it works ( though not waterproof). AND THEN WENT TO MCDONALDS... because after all the kids were with me and they only touched each phone 2 times and rearranged the headsets once.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












2 comments:
whew! long day to say the least. Glad you got it worked out HONEY~
Good for you standing up to that nasty sales girl! I have a feeling that corporate would love to hear about all those 20 people being more important than you.
Post a Comment