Monday, September 29, 2008

Ashley and the...

Have you ever read the book "Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" ? It is hilarious, and a fun read to kids who feel like they have had a rough day. Alexander, the little boy in the book spends a whole day with not a thing going his way. In fact, he just wants to move to Australia.

I am kind of having one of those MONTHS. I do not know if I am in over my head, I do not know if I am losing my touch, I do not know if I just need to STOP for a while and put it all in perspective. But I feel like I am losing control. I am not a control freak THAT BAD. I mean I can go to bed with dishes in the sink, and some toys scattered about. But lately, I cannot keep up with anything.

Case in point. This morning, I head out the door to go about my day. No purse. In fact, I forgot my purse going to church last night assuming I had just left it at home. When I got home I had 4 mouths to feed, and bathe, and get to bed in a matter of 14 minutes... I forgot to look for it. So when I retraced my steps this morning (as I have seemed to be doing a lot of lately) I knew I used it at Target yesterday. BINGO! I remember seeing my purse in the cart on the way to the cart return. My brain went on, in the next direction and I left it sitting there. I called Target THIS MORNING when I realized it was missing, and they had it. I ran to Target to pick it up and everything was just as I left it. THANK YOU MR./MRS. KINDHEARTED CITIZEN. If I knew who you were, I would surprise you with something.

I do not know what is wrong with me, I just cannot seem to keep up lately. I just cannot keep it together and that is not like me. I mean, I have a lot on my mind (deep thought mode) and a lot on my plate with the kiddos, their 2 schools, room mom responsibilities, school projects/homework, baseball, church choir, baseball, preschool choir, baseball, Sunday School, mom duties... and so much more. Usually, I can juggle it all but right now, it's not really working for me.

Today, I totally get Alexander. I cannot wait for this little phase to end so I can have a fresh start. I need it, or I just might lose it (or move to Australia).

9 comments:

Shawn said...

Shawn found an onion I had cut up for dinner, in a baggie, in the CRAFT drawer. I wish I could blame it on a kid...but no, it was me. I may not be far from losing it too!

jam'n bell said...

I've had moments like those. I call those blonde moments (not that I'm saying anything against blondes since I know several women who are accomplished and smart blondes).

It usually happens when I've overextended myself...which I now vow to try not to do.

This moment shall pass. Sooner hopefully rather than later. Hang in there.

And yes, those great Samaritans should be commended.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a case of "prego" .....do you need to announce something??? hahahaha!! amy chick

Tonya Lee said...

Can I come matey?

Bobbi said...

I am with you. I too can handle ALOT, but lately I am in way over my head. I have to call school because I forgot to send lunch $$, I forget appts.. feel unorganized....I am hoping it ends soon.

At least know I sympathize with you

KellyRose said...

You are an amazing mom and wife! I don't know how you do it. I only technically have 1 child right now and just today I put the defrosted meat in the cabinet and found the tube of toothpaste in my purse! Who knows?!? And to I think I want a large family. It sounds like you are in need of a day of rest or maybe a trip to Australia! I am so glad you found your purse though.

Amanda said...

I'm feeling the same way, so if you ever figure a way out of it, besides going to Austrailia, please blog about it!!!!!!!!!!

I've been this way since our youngest was a few months old, and she just turned 13 months! I don't know if it's just us adding another child on, or if it's just a Phase....phases don't ususally go on this long do they?!?!!?!

HUGS anyways!!!!!

Mommy said...

We all have those days. Call me if your headed to Australia. I might be having one of those days too and I'll join you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ashley,
First ... totally spoken like a teacher! I teach/actually taught 1st grade ... love the book ... some days Australia sounds so good!
Second ... meant to comment on your Guatemala post a few days/weeks back. I totally feel your pain ... and I'm frustrated that noone is offering any information. I feel a little abandoned by those we usually trust/trusted for information. Praying hard for the children of Guat ... that they are surrounded by love and warmth and that someday they may find their way to their family, wherever that may be.
Sara