Monday, September 1, 2008

Mission Impossible!

Eliza and I had a Mommy & Daughter shopping day. (Callan and Silas spent the night at Nommie and Gandie's house and Baylor and Daddy went Dove hunting).



I had just a few things on my list. The most important being Eliza's birthday present, and her 2 year portrait dress. So, first thing we went to the mall. I hit Gymboree because they were having a sale and HAD to have a FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL EVER outfit (you will see it tomorrow I am sure). If I had no restraint, I would have bought the whole line... too cute! Then we ran down to Strasburg and got her a 2 year portrait dress. I love it. I have big portraits of the boys a 2 hanging in the foyer and they are wearing off white with a kaki stripe in the dressy button on shorts. So Eliza's had to match. I got her an "Ecru Bishop" with pearls and cream ribbon running through it. I LOVE IT! AND it was on sale (20%) AND I had a $10 off coupon.

I also scored some Mineral Veil for mom at the new Bare Essentials shop in the mall (just opened Friday) and got some Oils for my vacuum at The Body Shop (where I discovered that they help an Aloe Farm in Guatemala and support the families there...it made my day and made me cry).

But that is where my luck ended. My final stop for the day was going to be ToysRUs to grab Eliza's birthday present. I was still in a quandry about the best choice...kitchen or doll house. I went to the Kitchen section... THEY DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE, SOLITARY KITCHEN TO PURCHASE. What kind of place is this??? So I wandered to the doll houses again. When I watched a family carefully choose the same doll house I picked out for thier 4 year old, I decided that I needed to go with the kitchen, for now. So, I ran to Costco... closed. Stopped by Sam's... the only one they had was the SUPER DUPER, WON'T FIT IN YOUR OWN KITCHEN AT HOME, KITCHEN. Wal-Mart... no luck. So I came home and scoured the net again. Brent chose the Inside Outside Grill and I have seen it in person with a child playing with it so it was one of my top choices. But to order it from ToysRUs on-line cost only a mere $95.90 for shipping (and I asked at the store if they would give me a voucher for shipping since they did not have the item in stock... they said "HUH?" I said "Nevermind!!"). I kept my search going and found one here. They have Flat Rate Shipping for $7.95. The cost of the item was $10 more than at ToysRUs (because it was on sale at TRU) but since I was saving $87.95 in shipping, I clicked BUY and we now own (as soon as it gets here THURSDAY- they say) the Inside/Outside Kitchen set by Little Tykes. I hope she likes it!


Now my job is done... Daddy gets to put it together (and I hear it is a booger)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was going to see if you wanted to go to shopry mills with me on Thurs or Fri. I have to go get Dylan's 4 month outfit for pictures. I think they have a strasburg store there. I guess you are all set. Good find on the kitchen....finally.

Angie said...

Wow I am impressed you got all of that done and with an almost 2 year old!!! I am quite sure Gabbie would not have lasted that long!!! Nice choice on the kitchen. We ended up getting an incredible deal on Gabbie's as well. She loves it!