I had a doctor's appointment today. I opted to try the new 12+ week screening just so I could have an ultrasound (and give a vat of blood). All was well (at least they did not let me know if it was not). I have lost a few pounds in the past 4 weeks but with as puny as I have been feeling it is understandable (and always appreciated just before the pounds begin stacking on like donuts). This ultrasound is hard to do because the baby is still so small. She said our baby is about 4 inches from head to toes. It was very comfortable settled in for a nice nap and I had to do a lot of coughing and a belly dance or two to get it to move so they could get the measurements they needed for this particular testing.
Things we noticed during the ultrasound (I kid you not... Brent and I talked about this during the ultrasound) the baby has Callan's backside, and Baylor's lips.
It feels sort of surreal a little. Sure I have been through this before, but I have felt funny this time. Like (except for the extreme nausea) that it has all been a dream and someone was about to tell me that it was never really true. I really needed today to make it "real" and to see that whatever it is that has been making me so sick is doing just fine in there.
Have a little peak at the littlest Jones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













6 comments:
Congratulations. My sincere and heartfelt wishes for a smooth 6 months. Happy New Year!!!
Congratulations. I know what you mean about the dream. I lost count on how many tests I took. I kept thinking one day I would wake up and I wouldn't be pregnant anymore. I hope you start feeling better soon!!
Amazing!! What a beautiful little person you have growing inside of you.
Congratulations!! Glad all is well. I know what you mean about a dream. I spent a fortune in tests when I was pregnant. I kept thinking I would take another test and find out I was wrong. Pregnancy just messes with your head. Hope you start feeling better soon!!
Awwww - how sweet - and so exciting!
Those ultrasounds are the coolest. I opted to do it too, just for the extra ultrasound. Glad baby Jones is looking good. Hopefully you'll feel not so puny soon!!
Post a Comment