Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My new friend

I met a new friend today. Her name is Bella. You see, I had some time to myself today and tried to go shopping "for a few things" just to get me through this feeling fat but not yet true baby bump (although it is there, and some of you know it because I catch you staring to see if you can see something... yeah, I get paranoid when I catch you looking at the belly and not the face... but I know it is inevitable) ANYWAY... it was hard for me. It kind of stunk actually. I mean the trend is kind of convenient right now with the baggy shirts and stuff, but MY GRACIOUS someone forgot to tell the fashion industry that Dec-March are COLD. I really cannot get away with the shirts they put out there these days and try to pass of as winter wardrobe... you know like these



So, I am wandering around trying to figure out how long I can make the few pants I have (that fit) work without looking silly... and I meet her. BELLA! I had heard just a tad about Bella, but had never really paid attention. So when I went into 2 maternity shops today and they both mentioned her, I thought I would have a little talk with her myself. So she and I disappeared into the dressing room and became the best of friends. Now, don't get me wrong. I have not actually taken Bella out in public yet to go for a test drive. But I did come home (before slipping into my PJ's) and try her out with a pair of jeans that were to uncomfortable to button. VOILA! All my pants *should* fit just fine now. There is just nothing like a girlfriend that helps a struggling sister out!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah bella will be your bff & after the baby too until you are back in your clothes she is great!! bridges

Anonymous said...

Hey, about us sisters that aren't pregnant, do you think that it would help us get in our jeans? Nommie

Erin said...

I hope I am not one of the ones you've caught "looking!" People really just want to see that bump, and believe me, as soon as they see it, you'll hear about it! ;)

Bella was pretty good to me for a while, so I'm sure you'll be quite happy with the expanded wardrobe she provides. But I'm not going to lie...I took it off each time as soon as I could - back into the comfort of elastic wastebands!

Kyla said...

Where have I been???? I had NO idea you are pregnant! So, that should tell you how great you look! Congratulations!!!!!

Lynn said...

Hi Ashley,

I work at Ingrid & Isabel for the BellaBand. I saw your post, and I had to laugh. Thanks for your kind words. I would love to hear how the BellaBand does for you going forward.

I'm also putting together some links to blogs that have mentioned the BellaBand. I was wondering if I could have permission to link to your blog.

Best,
Lynn Dalsing
lynn@ingridandisabel.com

Sissie said...

I feel your aggravation. I tried to find Lea a sweater or long sleeved something for Christmas. All I could find were things like you pictured. Does pregnancy only have 1 season? I opted for streachy (?) sweaters with the thought process that it would only be for a little while. Oh and it's a good thing you're way over there cause I talk to her bump and have patted it almost since conception!