Thank you Tonya, Kyla, Christine, and Callan's teacher Miss Ross for hunting down some coonskin for me.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
It takes a village to raise a Davy Crockett
Baylor received the part of Davy Crockett for his 2nd grade program at school. I had asked a few weeks in advance if I needed to create a costume for him to have. I was told that they thought they had it under control. Evidentally whatever they had fell through because I received an e-mail Wednesday morning that they had nothing for him (his program was Thursday night). So as any mom would do, I began making phone calls. All in all I think I spent 2 hours on the phone trying to track down a coon skin cap (and I cannot begin to tell you how many people went out of their way calling toy stores and historical gift shops, offered to pick one up in Nashville, and put out an all call on FB). Luckily I found 4! Plus I scored on a bag full of fabric scraps from a friend who said she keeps things like this around because she is always having to come up with stuff for kids school (RHE). I threw this together and Baylor was proud. I also have to say I was one proud mom that my son stood up in front of the entire 2nd grade and their families to sing a solo and have a speaking part (there were only 3 solos), and then do it again today in front of the entire school. He did great!!!
Thank you Tonya, Kyla, Christine, and Callan's teacher Miss Ross for hunting down some coonskin for me.


Thank you Tonya, Kyla, Christine, and Callan's teacher Miss Ross for hunting down some coonskin for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












1 comment:
This costume rocks. I think its a mom of the year award to pull it all otgether so quickly. Way to go! I'm glad he aced his performance.
Post a Comment