Sunday, February 15, 2009

The New Kr@ger

We have a new Kr@ger's here in town. Not that the old one is that old. They just decided to update, upsize and updo. It is a new Kr@ger Marketplace (and as advertized the FIRST in middle TN). To all my locals, what are your thoughts on it? Did you like it? Are you impressed?

Here are a few random thoughts from my visit today...

ANOTHER STARBUCKS?

Why are so many people just gathering in the deli/bakery department. Like are they having church up in here? OH... just all the free samples.

Did I miss the prepackaged deli section... I never saw Silas' turkey bologna, and that is dangerous!

Who puts the bread in a little closed off section away from everything else?

Oh, cool... I think I need a tortilla warmer like they have in the restaurants.

Who put the snacks (crackers/cookies) on an aisle you purposely have to travel to instead of in the flow of the aisle... OH same with cokes...?

Really beer... front and center to the store, I mean I guess it makes sense in a college beer run town, but here? Now I have to explain to my kids everytime we check out why they cannot have the cool blue canned drink. Surely a man designed this.

I am certain no one that has ever had kids designed this place. Is this a toy store in the middle of the store... IN the section you must travel to if you have a baby or a child in diapers?

Why did they quit making my Healthy Choice Panini sandwhiches?

Hummm... milk right in front of the laundry detergent... and next to a couch and chair display. Was milk an after thought to location... does everyone not buy milk EVERYTIME they come to the store?

I will never again make it way over to the section to buy shampoo/ haircolor/makeup. Because by the time I make it this far... I am exhausted!

I know I am a creature of habit, and I already miss my old simple store... surely I will get used to this. But there were some serious errors in layout of this place... and people taking their Sunday afternoon stroll.

6 comments:

Pamela Johnson said...

Yeah, I plan on staying as far away as possible, unless it's an emergency! Too much for me!

Nicole @ Four Real said...

I went last night for the first time and honestly, I was way too overwhelmed and thought it would take me 2 hours to get through that store with the kids to just do a weekly shopping trip. The layout was very weird to me too. Frozen food and there is a couch! I'm sticking to the new one over on Port Royal. Small, clean, updated and nice! This other one for special occasions! :)

Michelle Smiles said...

We stopped yesterday and I wished we hadn't. It was insane! I couldn't even tell what was there because I kept tripping over people. The produce section looked nice. But I just needed a couple of things and by the time I found the milk I was beyond irritated. And if they want to put a Starbucks in one, why not the other new one since there isn't a Starbucks within a couple miles let a lone right out front.

Michelle Smiles said...

And who goes to Kroger to buy a couch?

Shawn said...

Agree. I think it's great and all, but just a bit overwhelming. And I'm so dadgum loyal that I felt sorry for Publix the whole time I was there. I walked for 20 minutes trying to find peanut butter, and then was at the olive bar just drooling and never even saw the produce. That place is huge.

Big Nanny said...

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I really liked our old small Kroger...I lived here and waited so long for it that I think I have some emotional attachment. I just prefer a basic grocery store, I don't need an olive bar.