
This is "Cruz". No, obviously not our soon to be born and named Cruz. But, a little boy in Nicaragua who has captured Brent's heart so much so that he wanted to use his name. Sadly, it is our understanding that "Cruz" has been taken out of the orphanage by the government for a child deemed more needy.
Brent leaves tomorrow for another week long mission in Nicaragua. The plan is for them to construct a classroom along side the building they built last year and spend the rest of the time in the barrios and with the men who have stepped up in those barrios to pastor churches. They hope to help provide them with some training. This is always a long hard week. Both physically with getting up early and staying up late working fingers and backs to the bone, and mentally with just all their exposed to and seeing the work God has planned for them. There are 23 able bodied men going on this trip, and they will all come back changed. I cannot wait to see what God is going to do.
I would appreciate your prayers while he is away. Both for the team going (safety from injury, sickness, open mind, open hearts) and for us at home. It is going to be a very busy week for us with the school year starting to wind down and with baseball most every night. Right before he goes, I always get a little stressed, and at some point I am sure I will be overwhelmed. BUT, it is always worth it when I see the change that has occurred in my husband and hear his stories that sometimes take weeks to unfold.
P.S. If going and getting this "Cruz" and bringing him here were an option... it would be done.












1 comment:
Ashley, Please know that our prayers are with Brent, you, the family and Cruz as well during this next week. If there is anything you need help with wheather it be running kids to games, providing dinner, or help watch the kiddos please let us all know. We love your family and are here to help.
Post a Comment