Here we go...
To know me and my labors is to know that I tend to start having contractions around 34-35 weeks. They are considered Braxton Hicks as they do not really do anything to progress labor. They only bother me slightly and cause me stress in constantly wondering what is going on, on the insides. Well tomorrow, I will be 32 weeks and they have already started. In fact I have been having them since about 28-29 weeks. Nothing too crazy, nothing to share with the doctor, nothing more than the bother that they are.
Until this weekend.
Evidently Baby Cruz is glad that daddy is home and wanted to produce a little excitement. Saturday night after falling asleep, I woke both me and Brent up breathing and tossing through a pretty heavy contraction. That was it... nothing more. Then Sunday night around 7PM they started up again about every 10 minutes, only this time they weren't just the contractions, I was also cramping and getting nauseous. GREAT! I thought that I would hold off until my scheduled appointment on Tuesday since I was able to sleep through the night okay and they seemed to have calmed down. But then the cramping would not go away and I was really feeling nauseous. So I called... I do not know why really... I knew what they were going to do and say... "Come in lets check you out." So I went, because I had become an emotional mess worrying about what in the world was going on.
Basically, they checked things out. Everything is hanging tight and they did a little test to check to see if labor was beginning (or would begin in the next 14 days) and it came back negative. They put me on a monitor where I got to listen to his heart beat and feel him try to kick the monitors off for about an hour. I had a contraction or 2 while being monitored, but I could tell that they were very small compared to the other ones I had been having. The whole laying back and relaxing thing seems to work wonders.
Actually, what I am starting to think is... I have a sensitive womb (trying to stay away from technical terms for my male readers). If Cruz brushes against it and agitates it, I have a contraction... if my bladder is too full, I have a contraction... if I bend over to put shoes on my 2 and 4 year old, I have a contraction... if I get excited and jump up and down at a baseball game, I have a contraction. But if I lay real still, nothing much happens.
So, all is well in Cruz's little Casa. It is holding strong for the big boy. Momma however is becoming more and more scared about the fact that this one is going to put me in the loony bin someday because your last one should not be the most high maintenance, and the wildest to date...right????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












4 comments:
Well, do you sleep on the left or the right side of the bed? My left side is free during the day if you need to come rest!! ha ha
Take it easy, friend. Cruz needs to hold off a little longer with his friend Ava.
If you hold out long enough I can cook you something yummy to pay you for that yummy pasta you made us!!
~H
First, consider yourself lucky! My braxton hicks started around 20 weeks with Jonas. And they kept getting worse and worse!! My doctor kept saying, "you need to take it easy!" Yeah, right! They got very painful too. By #4, the body just knows what to do. Hang in there! Before you know it, you'll be sitting here, like I am, thinking, "How can he be 11 months already!" :)
uh oh....remember you better call me or I will be OFFENDED!!!
I guess the solution is to just "lay real still" until he comes. Yeah right. :) Sweet blog.
Post a Comment