One day you meet this guy, and you know he is handsome and from first impressions he seems like a really nice guy. Then you hang out with this guy and you know he is sensitive, caring, strong-willed, and hard-working. The more time you spend with this guy you know that you don't want to spend anytime without him. Then this guy asks you to be his wife and although you have no idea what the years ahead have in store for you both, you know that he will take care of you and love you. As the two of you get to know each other more and more, and grow closer together things begin to change. You see this man at work with his family, daily. You see this man's eyes after the birth of his first son... and second son... and third son, you see this man provide for your family and all the responsibilities that come with it. You see this man begin to grow and change, and you see God take over his heart, and because of that your home. You see this man know God's calling on his life and part of that calling leads you to the most beautiful princess you have laid eyes on (and she is all your very own). You see how even though he only gets to spend one week a year in the country that captures his heart, it is always on his mind. You see how he teaches his children lessons in life not just by telling them why they have to do something, but what it means for them in doing it. You see him attend a full day of baseball in the blaring heat thinking he might be frustrated that we signed up for this, but then you look in his eyes and wonder who is more excited to get to the game (and you know it is him). You see him sing praise music with his children while he cooks them breakfast, because a "boy's rule" breakfast is always better than anything momma might make. You watch him roll big blueprint plans out on the kitchen table with all the kids around him, watching what daddy does at work, and you listen as he describes in detail all the numbers he is writing down in the hopes that maybe someday one of his children will want to carry on the family business. You look at him and know that THIS, THIS is what you signed up for and you are so thankful for the man, the husband, the DADDY that he is.





I LOVE YOU!
Happy Father's Day
And I would be amiss not to add, that sometimes when I am most frustrated at my husband, it is because I think he is acting just like my dad. And even though I seem frustrated at the time, I smile because I could not have hand picked someone with qualities like my own father, and I am thankful. My father is a wonderful role model, a hard working man, and I am thankful to him for showing me what kind of father I needed to find for my children.
1 comment:
Ok, mush, mush, mush, now get on with having a baby!
Post a Comment