Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Jackson Falls

Here in the Jones house, our summer has slipped away quickly. When you have a baby smack dab in the middle of it, it sure seems to take away some of the fun. I know that I squeezed a lot into June, but once Cruz arrived we seem to have hit major slow down. Daddy thought it would be a good idea to take the day off of work and take the kiddos to a little creek and natural waterfall off of the Natchez Trace.

We started off the morning with a rare trip to Cracker Barrell and headed up the Trace. Daddy's idea was a great one and the kids loved it. I wish we could have stayed longer, and the kids thought it was the best thing ever! Callan decided he wanted to live there. I highly recommend it. First of all it was free... second, there was no one around. We saw a few people on our way down (900 yards down a concrete trail) but other than that it was ours to explore. They lifted every rock, tried to slide down part of the falls, climbed around and even saw a little wildlife. It was beautiful and I cannot imagine what it would look like with even more water flowing.

I know he is far off, but I wanted to show how big they really were.
Silas letting it run on his head (and then screaming... IT'S FREEZING)
Callan loving every minute of it.
Daddy and Sister watching the boys.
Climbing around a little.
Our little frog friend.
Sister getting brave and venturing out on her own to check out a few things.
Attempting to slide on the rocks in the water. Maybe next time there will be a little more water.
Proof that Momma and Cruz did make the journey.

2 comments:

Tonya Lee said...

I just heard about this place and was telling Jon we need to go. Is that where you can slide down? Was there just not enough water? Jon is taking off so we can go canoeing- brave enough to join us :)

Sissie said...

That's such a beautiful place. I went last summer and all I saw was a small trickle of water! And was so dissapointed after the "hike" down to the bottom. Looks like yall had lots of fun.