Sunday, September 6, 2009

3

Three years ago today, another woman in another country gave birth to our daughter. I share this day with her and never forget what gift she gave to us. I think of her always, but especially on the day that marks our beautiful daughters entry into the world. I wish (again) that I could just write a note, add some pictures, and put in the mail all our little girl is up to these days. I know she would love to know that she has her daddy and all of her big brothers wrapped around her finger. If one tear even thinks of being shed, she is scooped up by more arms than she can count... and that alone is making her one rotten stinker.

Eliza is more hip holding, arm crossing, giggling, foot stomping, sassiness then I ever dreamed a little girl could be. She is a force to be reckoned with in this house and will quickly let you know she is in charge. She runs to her brothers for protection and is the best big sis to HER "Truze". She lays in bed like a princess at night as each of her brothers file in to kiss her goodnight... all on their own. But, if they even think about forgetting she makes sure she yells "COME KISS ME" or will lay there sobbing until they come.

She does not stand a chance, and neither do we. We love this precious princess and praise God for her.





Eliza got a scooter for her birthday so she would not have to share her brothers Spiderman one.

It was Callan's idea to each have their picture made with her.



Notice the 3 fingers.


We had grandparents over for dinner last night. Nommie and Gandie supplied Eliza with a big addition to her fall wardrobe with some much needed dresses and shoes. Gran and Papa brought this. I showed Papa that I really liked the dollhouse shelf in PB... and HE MADE IT!

Our BIG cupcake!

And on her birthday this morning, in her birthday "party" dress.

12 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy Birthday Eliza!!! What sweet pictures! What an awesome shelf! And you can't beat a Barbie Scooter!

I hope you also realize that Angela's now wondering why she didn't get a giant cupcake for her birthday.

Robyn said...

She's a doll!! Happy Birthday Eliza!!

Nicole @ Four Real said...

Happy Birthday Eliza!!! LOVE the shelf! how are you going to keep her out of it!! :)

Shawn said...

Happy Birthday, Eliza!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Eliza!

LOVE that dollhouse shelf! How special that it was handmade just for her.

Big Nanny said...

I love little miss sassy pants and every facial expression that she has! Happy Birthday, Eliza! Love the cupcake cake, too cute.

jam'n bell said...

Happy Birthday to the sweetest Priss Pot I know!!

Tabitha said...

Happy birthday Eliza! What a lucky girl she is to have all that brotherly love.

Michelle Smiles said...

Awww! Happy Birthday Eliza! What a sweetie! (And wow - that book case rocks!)

Sonja said...

I'm so sad I missed seeing her on Sunday in her birthday dress!! We quickly ran out after church to meet some friends at the lake.

Oh.my.word! That dollhouse is awesome! It looks almost big enough for her to live in! And that was a seriously large cupcake. Did you make it? Looks cute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Eliza! It is so hard to believe our little girls are growing so quickly! She is ADORABLE, Ashley. Tell Papa he did a GREAT job on the dollhouse shelf!! We have been looking at that from PB kids too!

Hugs and Many Blessings!!
Tammy and Kayleigh

Suz said...

AHHH, Great post, you had me crying and laughing the whole time. How amazing these little girls are! And I LOVE the fact that all her brothers line up to kiss her goodnight! And the dollhouse, this is something she can pass down to her children. It means so much more that her grandfather made it for her. Hope she had a wonderful birthday! Have a great day!
Suzanne