Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'M 5!

That is all this little man said this morning... and I mean at least 40 times. It was like he needed to convince himself, like it seemed too good to be true.


I wish it did not break my heart. I wish it felt good to Momma that he is 5... that he is about to go to Kindergarten and be more independent than I am ready for. I wish it did not make me sad to see him growing and changing everyday. Learning new things (even letters) and braving new adventures. But for some reason, this sweet, sensitive boy has his Momma wrapped right around her finger and I need a little more time with him just like he is. The kind of little boy who likes to wake up from nap and sit in Momma's lap for a little while, or likes to pretend (3 or 4 times) that I forgot the bedtime kiss just so he could steal another.

He is going to be his sister's best friend and protector. She is going to have a hard time without him next year. He will play whatever she wants and even told me today that I could use his birthday money to buy a princess game for HIS Leapster so they could play together. (Girls watch out... this one is going to be a keeper).

I understand him and his personality a lot more than the bigger boys, because he is just like ME! (both good and bad) He is a tender hearted boy, who sticks with what he knows (even if it is bologna and cheese-STILL), and faithful friend. He does not forget when you hurt him, but forgives and keeps on loving (even if from a slight distance).

God knew (in so many ways) what he was doing when he gave me THIS boy. My third son, my angel without wings, my love! Happy Birthday Silas, I LOVE YOU!