Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's all about the milk...


Silly I know but I love to notice dates ( not important ones mind you as I cannot keep those straight) but I have always loved milk carton dates. Call me crazy I know, but when I go to the grocery it makes me smile when the date on the milk is say... my birthday, my anniversary, my kids birthday... you get the picture.

When I was pregnant I knew I had made it when the date on the milk carton was my due date or after (it only happened with my first child as my other 2 were 2 weeks early). It is one of those indicators in life of time that will come and go quickly.

Today my milk carton has next Saturday on it... and next Saturday I will be on an airplane to pick up my precious angel... FOREVER!

4 comments:

Mommy said...

I do the exact same thing...I actually remember milk carton dates from several important occassions in my life...but don't ask me what I did yesterday b/c I can't remember. Crazy how your mind remembers the silliest stuff and forgets some of the important. T minus 6.5 days and counting...MMW

jam'n bell said...

You are too funny! I only check the dates on the milk carton to make sure that I have sufficient time to finish it or to make sure that it is not bad. Can't wait to see the boys with their sister. I'm glad that everything has worked out well and that God has answered your prayers.

Anonymous said...

I have always done that! I'm so glad I'm not alone! My b-day is always the end of contests they talk about on the radio. I love that too. If you're on your way when the milk expires it will be here before you know it! I have to go buy milk or Jon does and you will probably be home with your daughter when mine expires!!! I'll have to go see if I have a can of souop or something that expires when I get off bedrest-ha!

Anonymous said...

I do the same thing, Ashley! So funny.

Can't wait to meet Eliza.
Heather Hanks