Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Our Mountaintop experience...

You know I have been going back and forth on writing this... it is hard for me. But at the same time I know that so many of you read this ( since you have let me know) and I want to give my own little testimony. Brent got to give his a church and explain how missions played such a big part in our decision to adopt Eliza... but there is more to the story.

We have been way up high on the mountain top right as close to God as we can get, and frankly... I just do not want to come back down. It really is an amazing thing to get to see a plan work out... maybe not exactly how you had it all pictured, but in His timing and in His way. We feel like we have gotten to experience God working in our lives and we have felt His hand of guidance. We feel like we have been wrapped in His presence and I pray that we can just stay.

You see... I am a girly, girl. When they first told me that Baylor was a boy, I was shocked. Not because he was a boy, I just really did not understand that was an option for me. I pictured my life with lots of children, but for some reason the pictures painted in my head all had bobbing pig tails and bows. BUT God knew.

As we continued to grow our family it became more and more obvious that there just were not any girl swimmers (if you know what I mean). By the time Silas was born, we had 3 sons and 5 nephews ( and both Brent and I only have brothers... and 2 more nephews have been added since). You see God knows me. He knows my heart and he knows that no matter how much I love my absolutely perfect, heaven sent boys, I wanted the opportunity to share with a daughter what my mother has shared with me.God knew long before I did that his plan for our family was adoption. He had it all planned out. He knew how much I would fall in love with my boys, he knew that they would give me a life I never could have created in my dreams. He knew the happiness that they would create in me. But funny enough... he also knew what it would take for Brent and I to say "okay we get the picture" just to start the discussion to adopt and thus begin us on the roller coaster to His plan he set in stone before time. You could have asked me just 3 short years ago and I would have told you that adoption was just not something we wanted to do... and now it is our passion. The fullness it has brought to our lives is a God-given supernatural "high". I get chills when I think about all the things that I can see that God lined up just for us so that we would know that this was His calling upon our lives. My family and all their boys plays a big part in that, my friends who have gone through the toughest times in their lives with their children have been a part of that. Their families allowed us to look in and see what a blessing life truly is ( even when we thought we knew) and how each and every healthy baby is a blessing beyond imagination.

We know that Eliza was designed to be ours from the dawn of time and the plan for our family way before we even had an inkling of an idea. We are just standing in awe at the miracle that has been created around us and feel blessed.

4 comments:

Mommy said...

A beautiful story with a beautiful ending. My favorite verse of all time...Jeremiah 29:11...He knew the plan even when you and Brent didn't...

Sig said...

I coujld have writtent hat post. My first 4 are from my ex and my last 2 boys (and I miscarried a boy late in pregnancy are from RIch. It was apparent there were no more girls for me after 5 boys in a row. Adoption has made my dream come true. Isn't it amazing??!!

Anonymous said...

hi. saw your blog link on the ftc board. Our story is almost identical to yours. Thanks for posting that! Isn't God's way amazing!

Sonja said...

little did you know what an impact this would have on others (me) around you, too. God worked in you and is also working THROUGH you so that others can see their calling as well. Thanks for being faithful!