Friday, July 20, 2007

Totally OT

OT: Off Topic




I had to tell you about our new Friday night ritual (if we are home, and by that I mean every Friday night-Ha). Brent and the boys curl up and watch Man Vs. Wild. It is a show on Discovery where a man (named Bear) puts himself in dangerous survival situations and shows you what to do to get out alive. He finds the most desolate and deserted places in the world and every time, makes it out alive. He does crazy things and gets a little extreme for me sometimes, but the boys love it.

By the end, my boys (who are not allowed out in the yard alone) will be able to survive the Rainforest (among other places) if they ever go there without anything but a knife and a canteen.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

We should get together then. The boys can all watch that and we can scrapbook for an hour. My boys are glued to the t.v. the whole time (including Rhett). He'll probably be the next one to try to eat a rodent out of the yard...

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I'm addicted to Bear Grylls. Shawn, the kids and I all watch it. It's on dish pass and they're all recorded. I love his accent and how everything makes him "disorientated" (please read in an english accent). Who knew that you could survive on drinking water out of elephant pooh? You may need to know that some day...you never know.

Heather

Anonymous said...

We love it too.....We were watching the marathon yesterday and Tyler's comment "Mommy this is boring...he always survives. I want to see one where he doesn't" I guess he wants more drama?!? It is quite enough for me!