Friday, January 11, 2008

I wish I had a video...

Tonight I took Baylor to Karate. It is a 45 minute class so I dropped him off, ran to pick up a few things at a store down the street and came back to watch for the rest of the class. Eliza has not been in the karate studio much so I am not sure she knew why we were there. We had been there about 15 minutes when (as she was sitting on my hip) she straightened real tall pointed her little finger out and yelled "AY-YAR" (or somthing to that affect that was completely understandable to me)and then she started waving like crazy. It took me about 2 seconds to catch on after the shock of her yelling out. She had just caught sight of her oldest brother and was trying to get his attention by yelling his name and waving at him... PRECIOUS, I tell you, PRECIOUS. If you could have seen my smile. That was the first time she said something other than "MAMA" or "DADA" at a family member and she absolutely knew her brother's name.
AND THEN... I get home and I am putting her PJ's on for bed. Her changing pad is on the long vanity in her bathroom so she has a mirror to look into. I said "where's Eliza" she looked over in the mirror and said (CLEAR AS DAY) "Yi-Ya" pointing at herself.

I AM LOVIN' IT!

1 comment:

Michelle Smiles said...

How sweet!

Sabrina calls pretty much everything puppy if it isn't mommy or daddy. But she has recently started calling her self Nana. (I call her Sabrinana sometimes.) So cute!