My BIL gave me a hefty gift card to iTunes for Christmas. I have unloaded the cards onto iTune.s and am ready to load up my i.Pod. But I need some help. I love music... love singing. My problem... I never know who sings what... I just sing along. So I am having trouble finding what I like. I have some classic 80's, some college days 90's, my current faves and more. I love Christian and Country to listen to, but that is not really good to work out to. ( unless it is Shackles or Next Time He Cheats)
SO... what is on your iPod... don't be scared or embarassed. I will admit the firt things I put on were Bon Jovi, Salt-n-Peppa, and Prince. So, now that the ice is broken... give me some ideas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












9 comments:
I don't have an iPod. My oldest daughter does, and she really likes Gwen Stefani (the edited version) Her songs are pretty full of funk. My friend also likes Get Your Funk On. Don't know who sings it, but I think you can enter a song title.
Oh,a nd there is always Hannah Montana.......
I'm probably the last person in the free world to not have an ipod/mp3 player so I can't help!
Oh, you so have to have some Janet (Miss Jackson if you're nasty!). I have run many a mile to Janet and old school Bon Jovi (Living on a Prayer). My other suggestion is
Shania Twain (you know,the album w/Any Man of Mine on it).
Now for awesome cool down/worship you gotta go with Chris Tomlin. For another cool down Corinne Bailey Rae and Norah Jones are my favorites.
I also have Sixpense None the Richer.
Wish I could more but I don't have an iPod. Lucky you!
I have, however, been listening to Carrie Underwood's new album. Go to her official website (http://www.carrieunderwoodofficial.com/)
and you can hear the entire album and see if there's any there you like.
Hee hee, Motley Crew (sp?) and Poison are guilty pleasures. I like the 'angry women' musicians (ie Alanis Morrissete, Macy Gray) and the mellow women like Sarah MacLaughlin (sp?), Nora Jones, and Indigo Girls. No iPod suggestions though, I don't even have an MP3 player.
I love chic's that wail...so try Avril Lav., Gwen Stafani or Kelly Clarkson....and there's always Madona? Back to the 80's....love some REM, Robert Plant, Indigo Girls and 10,000 Maniacs. Hope that gets you started! Margie
Big Hair 80's bands! You can't go wrong there. I think I listen to Charie's IPOD more than he does!=)
Lorinda
I will list a few that I have on my IPOD's "workout" list.
-Before He Cheats,Carrie Underwood
-Rockstar, Nickelback
-Rehab, Amy Winehouse
-Maneater, Nelly Furtado
- Gold Digger, Kayne West
- London Bridge, Fergie
- La La, Ashlee Simpson
....those are just a few of my favorites on that paticular list. As for my normal listening pleasure, I am a huge Patty Griffin fan so I have all of her CD's downloaded. Hope that helps.
I don't have an Ipod. :( I do use Itunes, though. I have lots of Christian music...my faves are Amy Grant, Geoff Moore, Chris Tomlin, Jeremy Camp, Susan Ashton, Margaret Becker and Third Day...to name a few...LOL. I also love 80s stuff...especially Journey, cheesy big hair ballads, Chicago, The Go Gos, etc. I like some country...I love Martina McBride. I like Celine Dion too...and I really, really LOVE movie soundtracks.
God bless.
Post a Comment