Saturday, February 21, 2009

Labor of Love

I had to post this. Callan loves Lego sets. He is not really putting them together yet, but he loves playing with them and watching them be put together. As I spent most of my day Saturday (Callan's birthday) doing exactly what he wanted me to do, I found myslef putting together Lego sets. To be exact on Saturday, I put together 3 Lego sets (and 2 on Friday). The big one I put together had almost 800 pieces, and as I sat with him at the kitchen table digging through the pieces and putting it all together it occured to me... I spent more hours laboring over that one Lego set than I did in labor with him 6 years ago.

But when you see someone enjoy something so much, it does not really matter... it was yet another labor of love and by dinner the pain of searching for pieces and the numbness in my legs from sitting so long was already gone.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

I'm very impressed with that 800 piece one. Way to go Lego Mommy!

Sonja said...

are you trying to make me feel bad because I said I'd rather slice my thigh than put together lego sets??

It worked.