Wednesday, June 10, 2009

He has been waiting his whole life for this

Silas began his life just a few days before one of the first Spring seasons of baseball for Baylor. He was attending games at just weeks old. Since he was old enough to even recognize a ball he has been wanting to play.









He has even worn a baseball uniform to the field now for ALL of his brothers games for about 2 years now just waiting for his chance.



Most leagues you have to be 4 to play, so we told him when he turned 4 years old he could play. Last week, years of waiting finally came to an end. Silas is in his own little heaven. Each week we have to count the wake ups to baseball. I videoed the game last week and took pictures this week. He just loves it.

Here he is in his new uniform (just precious).
The whole style of this league is a little crazy. They pretty much let the kids "free for all" after the ball. So after the other team hits the ball, they all run for it (and dive and tackle and wrestle) until one comes up with the ball. Here is Silas running after the ball.
Although it looks like my little man is calling his hit, he is actually showing the coach where he is supposed to run to when he hits it.
Despite a small helmet malfunction, he was able to "SMACK" the ball (as he says).
How he was able to see, I do not know... but he ran...

with a huge grin on his face!
After mom adjusted his helmet at first (the chin strap was behind his head instead of under his chin). He took off to 2nd base.
The best part of his first baseball team. He has some of his best buddies on the team. I did not include them in today's pics because I always feel bad posting other people's kids without permission. But if their families say it is okay, I will before the season ends.

6 comments:

jam'n bell said...

What a natural you are, Silas! Have fun playing ball. I know you'll enjoy it! Have Mom email me a schedule so I can come watch.

Julie P said...

Ok these are just priceless. I can feel his joy and excitement and your pride. How exciting! Thanks for sharing.

nommie said...

I just can't believe he's old enough for this. He's just the cutest thang!

Sissie said...

OH! How precious is he in his very own uniform! Looks like he did a great job smacking that ball! Way to go Silas! Great pics Ash - those are definitely gonna make you laugh and cry when you look back at these days.

AUNT CHERI said...

THAT IS THE CUTEST EVER!! ANOTHER ALL AMERICAN IN THE MAKING...LOVE AUNT CHERI

Tera said...

Awwww...wonderful! I smiled from ear to ear while reading this precious post!! Congratulations to little Silas...you're right...he looks absolutely adorable in his uniform! Take care, Ashley and God bless.