Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Heartache

I want to post about our quick trip to the beach to see my brother's family. But this morning my heart is hurting. I don't know if it is all my sweet friends that just got back from Africa talking about the hurting and hungry children there, I don't know if it is all that is going on in Haiti, or even if it is that my heart still longs for the orphans in Guatemala and Central America. But I know that I am choking down the emotions and wishing that I could just scoop up a few and love on them no matter where they are this morning. I know the answer is not just bringing home one or two to love on and be your own. I know so much more needs to be done. But sitting here this morning, I feel so helpless to such a big task at hand. It is like you don't even know where to start. So today, I sit and cry for all the babies who need a Momma.

5 comments:

Alicia (dna) said...

Oh sweet Ashley, this was my prayer to the Lord this morning as well. You have blogged it almost word for word! I so desperately want to go and help or bring them home, but since I can't, I prayed for the Lord to meet them in their time of need. For the relief workers to have the face of Jesus as they serve the poor and needy. May God be glorified through this tragedy!
Love you!
Alicia

Amanda Pilkinton said...

Ashley,
It is so strange that you posted this this morning.I wanted to do the whole wordless wednesday picture, but with all the tragedy in Haiti...I just felt like it seemed trivial.
Amanda

Stephanie said...

Totally understand...check out longhollow.com and click on crazy love...they are trying to get some Haiti orphans in the states and may be looking to get them placed. I would love to do it.

jam'n bell said...

i understand you completely, ashley. i've been thinking about those babies in haiti, africa after reading friends' posts and the news and think...i'm at a loss for words (to write on my blog) because my heart is breaking for all those who are helpless.
it seems that little words i think to write are trivial compared to what is going on in their lives...but thankful that we do have a mighty GOD who has his hands in their lives and have sent his angels to help watch and take care of them.

Mommy said...

And you can pass the torch to me this morning. I am doing the same. I left a little piece of me on the road between Dongguan and Guangzhou. I will never be the same. Standing with you sister. You are not crying alone.