Here is where mom is going to brag on her boy...
* Baylor is on a 9U team that (after this weekend's tournament) is ranked 28th in the NATION for 9U teams!!! (this is out of over 2,000 teams all over the country)
* His team is ranked #1 in their home region which is TN East. (There is also a TNW).
* This team is more fun to watch than any professional ball I have seen in a long time. (so I may have a little more personal interest at steak)
* When my son is up to bat, I want to puke just a little and get shaky... and I am so thankful that it is not up to me to have to swing the bat to hit the ball. When he steals a base I have to cover my eyes, and when the ball is hit to him I make strange noises that I am unaware of until he catches it.
* I saw my son have an AWESOME weekend where he absolutely ROCKETED the baseball. (his teammates were calling him "Bay-Rod" after the professional player "A-Rod"... he ate it up!)
* My son knows baseball's ins and outs in a way that amazes me for a 9 year old. He analyzes plays and understands things that just baffle me.
This child makes me proud in so many ways. I am glad he enjoys this...and we enjoy it with him for as long as he wants to.












3 comments:
I think that kid is a doll!
Some of our best friends here in Texas just had their son appear on the cover of ESPN magazine as the first round draft pick for baseball this past season. He is worth more than my entire life and yet he was my ring bearer in my wedding.
So I say...let him play, let him play, let him play. Then let him PAY.
Melissa
We're so proud of his accomplishments, but then again he's first born like his mom...no offense Brent, I know he's yours too!
Oh...and you need a new pic on your blog to include Cruzer!
I LOVE it too Ashley, and I can't wait to see where my boys go with the sport as well. I am so glad that Baylor is so dedicated to playing and loving the game at the same time. So, from here we say...."GOOOOOOO Baylor"!!!!!!!
Post a Comment