Saturday, April 10, 2010

OH Brother!

For the first time (of many times I am sure) the 3 oldest boys are playing a sport at the same time. Today was the first day where we all suited up to play. Callan at 11AM, Silas at 1PM and Baylor at 5PM (in Mt. Juliet). It ended up working out perfectly this time so that we could all make it to each child's game. All three boys came out with a win, and Baylor's team won the entire tournament this weekend.





I have enjoyed baseball for quite a while now, I love to watch my boys play. I struggle with my expectations being a little high for a 5 year old and a 7 year old. When your oldest child set the bar for ability and passion, it is hard not to expect the same out of the others. Callan loves to play, he is just not as intense as his oldest brother. He wants to do good, he tries very hard... but he does not LIVE it like Bay does. To Silas it is still all fresh and new. He played Lollipop last year and LOVED it, but I think it may have done more harm than good on the fundamentals of baseball. He is still in the mode that everyone gets to hit and run around the bases. However, that is not how it is being played. There are only so many pitches, there are outs, and tags, and running as hard as you can. He still has a lot to learn and his personality falls just between what Baylor and Callan's does. So, we will see how it all plays out in the years to come.

So if I see you at the ball field (because that is where I am logging a majority of my time these days) and I don't know if I am coming or going, just pat me on the back and smile. These days... they only last for a little while and I am doing my best to soak up every minute of it!

1 comment:

KellyRose said...

I love that you have baseball boys! It sounds like Mr. Baylor really is turning out to be quite the BEAR! Michael told me all about his tournament this past weekend. Congratulations!!!