Anyway... I got the sewing machine out and blew the dust off of it and thought I would give it a try again for Eliza. Girls patterns are so much easier and a straight A line dress allows room for error. So Friday during nap time I sat down and cut it out and read the directions. It did not take long at all, I am sure the next one will go much smoother, but I wanted to show you my first creation. They will probably all look like this only in different colors until I get brave enough to try another pattern. Sadly, my baby girl is still in a 6 month pattern with it taken up 2 inches at the hem. Such a squirt...
P.S. I had to add the bows to it so I could put my bow making skills to test and make one for her hair.












9 comments:
so i love it...love the pattern on her skin...it looks so cute. you should crank those puppies out and sell them :)
Hey Ashley - That dress is adorable!! Did you happen to make matching bloomers or just use solid colored ones you have? Seems that those would be pretty complicated. Looks like you guys are having a great summer. I still need to see Eliza in person!!!
Sooo, sooo cute! I'm very impressed!! : ) Abby
I think it came out great. Of course, I can't sew a button, but my husband makes a mean costume!!
She is adorable. The shoes were my favorite.
In addition to everything else - SHE SEWS TOO! Great Job Suzie! Beautiful BOW, Cute Dress, Adorable MODEL! Carole
Very cute! Sewing is one thing I've never been able to do well. I remember my home ec teacher rolling her eyes as I got the bobbin all tangled up for the 43rd time each class period.
Way to go - the dress is adorable. Well the dress is fabulous and Eliza is beatuful - together that equals adorable! Good luck with the rest of them.
So cute! I can't use a sewing machine for my life!
Sooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!! You did a fabulous job! What pattern number did you use???? I have only found one and I don't care for it. It flared out too much. LOVE the bows!
Post a Comment