Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Basement update

Our basement has been trucking right along. We (and when I say we... I don't mean me) have passed all inspections, installed insulation, hung drywall, laid tile and today we started the trim carpentry.

Here are some pics...

Let me say, I have a new appreciate for people who do this for a living ( and just do it on the side). We did not hang our insulation our friend and builder did. But we had some left over and we decided LAST MINUTE that it would be a good thing to do to add the leftovers in the interior walls for sound and heat and air. So we put the rest in one night after all the kids went to bed rocking along to the music from my iPod. If we did not have fun dancing as we hung it, it would have been pure torture. ( Mental note... never hang insulation again)


Here is the door corner with the drywall up.


Our bathroom floor tiled.

The trim. A trick we learned from our original builder and friend. You hang the two pieces of wood trim like this and then paint all of it (including the drywall between) with trim paint and you have the illusion of a huge piece of crown moulding.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Please tell me I can stop by and hang some cupcake wallpaper!!!

:)

Your comment today had me laughing outloud and I even edited my blog post after getting it!!!

LOVE the look of the crown molding! PERFECT

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ashley...great progress! The moulding idea is ingenious! Love the super high ceilings in your basement...perfect for dramatic moulding. God bless.