I convinced myself that today was NOT the first day of school...that is next week. Today, was STAGGERED DAY (don't ask... just nod in agreement). So we loaded up all the school supplies (with notebooks that cannot be found ANYWHERE lacking) and head off to school. Callan is thrilled and wears his backpack from the moment he is dressed and holds his lunch from the moment it is fixed... like 45 minutes. He is READY TO GO... I grab one more all important piece of sending my baby off to school all day for the first time ( I will show you below), and we head out. I walk him in, get him settled, and his teacher walks over to him. He turns pale, he gets shy, bites his lip, and stares at his shoes. I MELT and tears form. He was fine, and she gets right down to his level and tells him all will be well and that he was going to have so much fun. We show him to his seat, he looks at me like he is ready but not 100% sure... I kiss him again, tell him I love him and walk away... hiding the ugly cry.
He had a blast, won't tell me much other than something about a raccoon that I do not understand (I think it has to do with the Kissing Hand book), getting to go to PE, 2 boys that were kind of mean, a scissors situation, and a big lunch room where Baylor gave him "five". We STAGGER again Thursday... and then Monday is the real thing. Hopefully by then, I will be numb and "over it", but I make no promises.
I got this from Build-a-Bear. I gave it to Callan for his pocket and sealed it with a HUGE kiss. I told him if he gets scared, nervous, or just wants Mommy then pull it out and my kiss will be right there and he will know I am very close and thinking about him (We also talked about Jesus always being with him when Mommy is not). He was glad to have it and would not even give it up when he got home.
Callan's first STAGGERED Day pics.












8 comments:
He looks like such a big boy, what happened to "BABY CALLAN". Could you please hold Silas and Eliza down so they won't grow up. I can't take many more post like this. Love, Nommie
We're just a bunch of cry babies!!
I'm glad Callan had a great day!
Hugs to you!
Can't comment right now, too busy crying today's 3rd ugly cry. Our mean teacher made us stay in there while she read "The Kissing Hand" and then Ashton got to kiss our hands. Ask Amy how well she handled that! Seriously, I have to go now. I can't think about it.
O.k. this one got me. I've been strong and haven't had any "moments" until this post.
LOVE that heart idea. What a great reminder for sweet Callan.
Like I told you yesterday, he looks so grown up. I know it's going to be hard. I can come over whenever you want to have someone. You know I am always looking to get out of the house.
i am with you sweet friend...i am sure when i have to send my 2nd off to kindergarten i will cry. i am pretty sure it never gets easier. i was just looking at our pics from the end of summer and thinking of how i want her home all day again and how those days are only a fond memory. we will make more, but those ones i can only hold in my heart. i will keep you in my prayers. hang in there. i'm sure he loves being at school with his big brother:)they grow so fast, don't they?!
Good Grief! You've got one that looked ready for High School on his first day and now you've got one that looks like he's ready for Middle School! I'm so glad his 1st "stagger" day went well, but other than the tears, how did yours go? I imagine little brother and sister were lost along with you, but hopefully enjoyed their alone time with Mommy.
Post a Comment