Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday

Today was a full day. First Nommie came down to spend the night so that I could go work in Callan's classroom for Green Eggs and Ham day. It was so much fun... and very nasty all at the same time. Nothing like scrambling up 3 dozen eggs with green food coloring... but I LOVED IT and made lots of friends (and maybe one enemy).

Before I even got to school, I must share that this has been taking place in the mornings.




I thought I would give it a whirl again,(remember last year)
and my theory is that they are too tired in the mornings to pick fights with each other on the bus so it is calm and quiet where as in the afternoons they are wild and crazy from being contained all day. The kids have loved it so far and I have forgotten to take pics until today. Yes, Callan is in a green sweat shirt. Our conversation went something like this.
C: "Mom, I sweat a lot at school, I need a sweat shirt."
M: "Callan, that is really not what sweatshirts are for, they are for cold weather, and it would just make you burn up."
C:" No, but I want it, I need it, I really have to have it... and it is GREEN."
M: " Whatever, Callan, you are going to be hot all day."
C: "Then why is it called a sweatshirt?"
M: " Umm... because... umm... because... ummm, maybe you wear it so you will be hot and sweat. I really have never thought about it before."

Then we came home and Callan and I worked on his "Me" for tomorrow. I had to let go a little and let him decorate it. I had it all planned out and wanted to put his name on the chest and maybe a big star on the hat... all scrapbooky and stuff. But he just wanted to draw with markers and since it was our family project... I had to concede. It cracks me up because the head is almost normal size.



Then while taking the dog out I found this ( I call them June bugs) but what are they doing, and WHY... this is the second time in about a month they have done this. They do this for a few days and then disappear and now they are back. Whatsupwiththat?



And... anyone want a cute dog who is soooo on my nerves??

6 comments:

Big Nanny said...

Lawnmower Man says: Japanese beatles. Go to TSC and buy sevin dust. Or go buy those bags that people hang in their yards.

Alicia (dna) said...

Great post!
It made me laugh. Love the bathroom pic.

Stephanie said...

ok, your whole blog had me laughing...from the big head, to thesweat shirt, to the crazy dog

Tricia said...

Ohhhhhhh the puppy!! ;) How is she?

Our Scout is still in his chewing phase and we have lost socks, shoes, toys stuffed animals....

I needed a puppy like I needed a hole in my head!

:)

Kyla said...

I totally relate. I never thought it would be so hard to let Chloe make her own book...I am a teacher...I know these things are for them, but I had so many cute ideas!!!

Jessica said...

Love the bit about the sweat shirt - and good question!

But had to comment on the toilet paper/dog photo - that is what my bathroom looks like when Braden leaves. And someone would turn me in to DHS if I asked "Anyone want a little boy that is SOOO getting on my nerves?" Not to mention...he eats the toilet paper! Yum! Hope you guys are doing great - love the blog - and your kids grow too fast!!!! As they all do I suppose!