I am thinking that she would love a big-ol kitchen set and would play for hours... since it is just her and Silas I am thinking that we might get back to some good classic playing in the house. (instead of all the Power Ranger/Spiderman/ Knight role play)
I like this one...

But I also like this one because my friend Amy has it and it is kitchen set (on the side you cannot see) and manly grill on the other. It is too cute in person.

And then there is the doll house issue. This is what I originally thought I would do for her birthday and anyone who wanted (Nommie/Gran) to could contribute a room set to the house that they sell separately. My issue here is it only comes in 2 families... Caucasian and African American. I think either would be fine, but every doll I have bought her so far has been Hispanic so which family would I choose?

So, I thought about this Hispanic Doll house, and she loves Dora (or "Elmo" as she calls it) but I am afraid she will get tired of it quicker. But, it does have the same concept of buying rooms and vans and playgrounds.

And then there is this one that she plays with every time she goes to The Factory. But I am afraid the pieces are just to small for our house right now and she will not play with it as much until she is older. Instead of people it has all kinds of animal families that you can buy... and they are TOO CUTE!

So, as you can see, I cannot make this decision alone. I need help!












14 comments:
Mine is for a bat and a ball. Everyone knows it's fast food on the way to the ball field.
I just got Abby a dollhouse for her bday (wooden with all furniture in it) and Aidan is much more impressed than her (LOL) so I vote for the kitchen. We also have an old one but Abby loves it SOOO much.
My vote is for Calico critters. My daughters LOVE them. The 3 year old will play with them for hours on end.
We got Gabbie a kitchen. It is very similar to the first one you posted. I figure kitchen now for 2nd birthday and we can ask Santa for the doll house and accessories for Christmas.
Here are my two cents. And I'm on pain meds, so what do I know. But...
We bought the kitchen for Remi. And she loved it. For 4 days.
But someone who loves her and spoils her rotten bought her a big moonwalk from Costco.com. Yes, you heard me right - she has a moonwalk, like one you would rent for a party. Only not quite as big.
It is obnoxious.
And big.
And looks like a castle.
And kills the grass underneath it (which daddys tend to hate).
But she jumps in it almost every day until she passes over from exhaustion. Which makes both her and mommy very happy.
Melissa
I say kitchen now and dollhouse for Christmas. A dollhouse is such a cute thing to come down to find from Santa. Plus,it will give you some time to hunt down some hispanic dolls because most any dolls would work. Ashton's favorite dolls to play with in hers are the Barbie princesses she got in a happy meal 3 years ago! Go with the kitchen that makes sound when certain food cooks. It speaks in English, French and Spanish!
Ashley,
Well....this is certainly a dilemma and I might not be much help as we are having a tough time wondering what to get for Kayleigh's 2nd birthday also.
I will tell you that Santa brought Kayleigh a Step 2 kitchen similar to the one that you like and she absolutely LOVES it. Santa also purchased the 101 piece food set to go along with it and she will lierally play in "my titchen" for hours. She cooks all sorts of concoctions for mommy and daddy and her imagination is unbelievable!
I do also like the playhouses...they are so cute!! If I had to choose one of those it would be the first one.
Good luck! Can't wait to hear which gift you choose. Still can't believe your sweet angel is turning 2 already!
Hugs and Many Blessings,
Tammy (Kayleigh's Mommy)
I would go with a kitchen. Emma has a kitchen now...it isn't a fabulous kitchen but she still likes it a lot. And, for her it's important to have really cool and real looking food. The real looking food can be pretty expensive but it is what she plays with all of the time. Both of the kitchens that you are looking at are ones that I have considered. The first kitchen is wonderful and it is nice because you can put it against a wall. I think that the second kitchen is more fun...however, you need to have the space to be able to float it towards the middle of the room away from the wall.
I have been eyeing the doll houses but I am going to wait and focus on Little People playsets for a while. I am not sure that Emma is ready for a doll house just yet but if she received one, I think that she would do okay. Speaking of doll houses, You did open my eyes to something...I had no idea that there is not a Hispanic family option for Loving Family. You can buy them on Ebay but for a lot of money. Hmmmm... That bothers me because I really like Loving Family stuff. Hmmmm... God bless.
I like the kitchen/grill deal because it's like two things in one. However, it is just not as girly as it really needs to be. I definately think she needs dollhouse but not the dora one. That puts an age limit on it. I think the little animal one is super cute. That's a good choice, too.Surely online they make some hispanic dollhouse families. I'm sure that amazon is aware that by 2040 the hispanic population will be the majority in america. (I heard that on t.v. the other day). Basically, I'm just blabbing a comment and I really have no idea which present to get her. She's getting an outfit from me. That's the rule.
briley has the first kitchen you posted and the kids still play with it some. but make sure you get lots of fun food and cooking stuff to go with it if ya'll don't have enough of that stuff already.
i vote kitchen now. dollhouse at xmas or next bday. briley didn't get her dollhouse (like the one in your pic) until her 3rd bday and it is still in her room and it is still being played with almost everyday. even braxton lets spiderman, diego, and batman play in the house.good luck finding hispanic dolls. i'll keep my eye out 4 you.
i just love bdays!!!!
Nommie says, "just pick it out and I will help you pay"
I'm with your friend Tonya. Kitchen now and dollhouse later. MG LOVES her kitchen and plays with it all the time. Have you thought about bringing the other one down to see if she will play with it if it were easily accessible? I am more of a wooden toy kind of girl but that's just me. As for the doll house, MG is very into babies right now: feeding, napping, changing, rocking, etc. I bought the cutest little baby crib from Land of Nod for her bday. She hasn't stopped playing with it since the day of her party. It's a huge hit!
I don't know which one to pick. With my kids, I have found the simpler the better - that way they can use their imagination. Have fun shopping.
Shelly
I take my earlier comment back.Abby has taken great interestst in her dollhouse and plays with it ALL THE TIME! lol
Really, yu can't go wrong...
Post a Comment