Friday, September 14, 2007

Where does a year go...

I cannot believe that I missed it. Yesterday was a year!!! One year ago at about 9:45 PM, my husband and I were trying to "let go" of the fact that our referral had not come yet. We had been talking about it and were enjoying listening to "Not Unto Us" when, the phone rang... and my heart and life changed forever. My agency director on the other end told me that she had a baby girl she wanted to tell me about. One year ago this sweet face appeared on my computer screen and I have not been the same since.

One year ago, I began franticly planning a spur of the moment trip to another country just so I could touch the face I had just fallen in love with. And when we met face to face I thought it was a dream... too good to be true.


Now here we are, a year later and we have been blessed beyond words. All of the days we were apart were agonizing. But now, now that she is home this past year has flown by and we are just where we should be. ABSOLUTELY in love with this amazing gift from God above. I am humbled and honored to be allowed to be called her mom.

5 comments:

Gail said...

A year later and she is still beautiful.
Congratulations on being her Mommy.
Gail

Anonymous said...

As I am blessed to be called 'your mom"!

Bobbi said...

So glad I am not the only Mom who missed it! We were one year ago last Sat. and I just posted Monday!

She is as beautiful as ever. Life does change after the referal. You simply are never the same again.

Mommy said...

Oh what a beauty. She truly is an amazing gift from God. Four precious blessings to mother. Is there anything better than that?

Sonja said...

sniffle, sniffle.......tear. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!