This morning I was up feeding Cruz. All the lights were still out, and all the other kids were asleep. It was so dark, that as a bus drove by (middle school or high school)I could see the safety light on top of it flashing so I started thinking... I am going to hate it when my kids start middle school and further along. The older the school, the earlier the start time. Right now I really like not having to get everyone up until 7AM. I also like not really having to get up and get ready before them if I am not going anywhere. While thinking all of this, I could not get it out of my brain who would be in school when and where. So I sat down and physically made out a chart for the next 12 years to see where we would stand (this is the part I would like to turn off, I could not let it go until I did it). The first year that all my kids will be in school will be in 2014. That is when Cruz will start Kindergarten. Baylor will be in 8th, Callan 6th, Silas 4th, Eliza 2nd. I also went as far as when I would not have kids in elementary school any more. It will be 2020. Baylor will be a Sophomore in college (at Vanderbilt playing baseball he says), Callan will be a Senior in High School, Silas will be in 10th, Eliza in 8th, and Cruz in 6th. Counting all of this up... just made me stress more. AND, it made me sad because I enjoy this life, I enjoy the here and now, I like my kids at these ages, and they like me. I do not want to fast forward to the day when I am just a dummy, who doesn't know a thing and is too uncool to spend time with. Not to mention that one will be out of the nest and one on his way out the door.
Okay... that's enough... as Forrest would say "that's all I have to say about that". Or it is going to bring on the ugly face cry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












6 comments:
I do this all the time! I realized the other day that this is the last time Selah and Noah will be in the same school until she is a senior in HS!!! Made me so sad! Also, Selah will never be in the same school with Micah and Jonas. Again, sad. ALSO, I could potentially have a couple of grandkids before Jonas is out of the house. That freaks me out!!! But I totally understand the sad part. Funny, we talked about the whole "how am I going to get everyone to where they need to go next year in 3 different schools" last night! :)
1 word- homeschool :)
Sleep in, wear pj's (cuts down on laundry) and it honestly isn't as bad as the homework battles :)
Those years and numbers were stressing me out too! Hey, we have so many kids bettween the 2 of us we could have our own co-op and divide the ages :)
Oh no! I don't like to think about that either! But at least Baylor is planning on staying close to home and not heading off to the university with his name. Texas is too far! (although a great school I hear) ;)
I love this story but slow down child and relish every minute. They will always think you are cool...you are just cool.
Oh, but every age has such unique special things about it. I've enjoyed them all, even this one. Nommie
that is really honestly something i would do. must say i haven't done it yet but i have thought about when everyone will be in school, etc. But the kicker for me is that i'm not sure how old bristol is and even if we are done with having/adopting kids sooooooo...
Post a Comment