One year ago today at about 5 PM we arrived home a FOREVER FAMILY to Nashville, TN. I cannot even begin to explain the emotions I have both from then and now. This child is a gift from God in so many ways. This process, this child, has shown us new love, deep love, and has opened our hearts in a whole new way. I honestly wish that everyone could do this, everyone could experience adoption. Not just for the child, but for your heart. I wish I could say we weren't done with adoption... but Guatemala is just plain closed and I do not know if it will have an adequate system for years. It makes me so sad, because in so many ways I felt like there would be another Guatemalan baby. In fact, I felt like we would get the call about Eliza's birth mom having another child placed for adoption. It hurts my heart to think that perhaps it has already happened and nothing can be done about it, we will never know, and that child could have been abandoned with no one to take him in. I try not to "go there" but once your heart has seen, there is no going back.
Here are some shots from our arrival and our first family photo.





.JPG)
Oh... we are off to the beach! Hopefully we will at least be at Cracker Barrel in Columbia by now. I have a laptop with me and I hope to post some, but we will see.
3 comments:
Oh, I remember this day Miss Liza, and I was crying with your mom, in happiness to see you home safe and sound. Your sweet face gave me hope that my Emily Belle would also be home someday soon. What a beautiful blessing you are. So glad you have had such a great first year with your forever family.
hugs to you, Betsy
The tears they are a flowin'. So much emotion in those airport pics. Love it.
Have fun being beachy and rockin the new suit!
Happy Anniversaries to you and your family on the adoption process and having your Forever Family. You have a sweet, sweet bunch. Have fun in FL - hope the packing process wasn't too overwhelming. And remember, there are stores in FL too - you can always purchase what you forgot! Have a blast!
Post a Comment